Draft ticket prices are insane

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Get the seats close to the LA Kings table and heckle the shit out of MB.

Or loudly throw random rumours out there in MB’s presence. I can’t believe I heard Hughes is looking for a late 2nd for Gallagher, that’s not much at all. Wow, is Hughes really going to let Hoffman go for only a 3rd round pick.

Last edited:

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I never had a desire to buy tickets for a draft.

Seems pretty boring.

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
Wanted to go since a long time. I'm gonna pay and see for myself. Too bad I won't be able to take a biceps-out picture with the the Biceps Bros, MB and Timmins.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I attended 2009 and felt like I missed the whole commenting around it which is the best part of the draft

Yeah, you definitely miss the commentary during the first round. That's why I said in the previous post that the happy medium might be watching round 1 at home and attending day #2 mostly for the photo opps.

Same. Don't see the interest of buying tickets for seeing a bunch of teenagers getting their names called out.

I get why it won't seem interesting to some, but it's a good opportunity to get a jersey/puck signed or have a quick conversation with a Hall of Famer or two. If you go to the draft just to sit through the picks and go home, then you're probably not maximizing the experience.

The times I've gone, I've never regretted the time/effort/money. Had good memories especially since I've used it as a crutch to visit friends in various places.

Day #1 might be tougher since it's in the East. First round will end after 11pm so most people are going to quickly file back to their hotels to get up early the next day. Bit more fun with a West coast draft since people will just grab dinner afterwards. In 2010/LA, my buddy and I went to a restaurant across the street and Charlie Coyle was the party in front of us and Shea Weber was behind us. My other friends (Penguins fans) accidentally ran into Sidney Crosby while walking around.

Day #2 is a bit more relaxed, especially towards the latter stages of the draft and the work is done for non-scouts. The experience is usually more memorable than what I'm typically doing from 10am-2pm on a Friday.

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
when you see the building half empty ...you'll know why..lol

The Habs STH presale sold out quickly.

The Rocket STH presale is ongoing. I joined at 10:20 (20 minutes after start) and I'm still not halfway the waiting line.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
There were no more tickets for presale in the 100 and not that many left in the 200.

Half-empty lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad