Rumor: Draft Michkov / Draft Benson / Draft Leonard / Trade Up / Trade Down

What action should we take?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pickles555

Jun 5, 2023
Trade for a proven NHL player, that is the only way to guarantee we end up with an NHL player,

This organization has proven itself to be incompetent at drafting talent, so I don't have any faith in them trying to do that

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Trade for a proven NHL player, that is the only way to guarantee we end up with an NHL player,

This organization has proven itself to be incompetent at drafting talent, so I don't have any faith in them trying to do that
5th overall for Clayton Keller or Trevor Zegras?

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
Draft whoever is left out of Fantilli, Carlsson, Smith and Michkov at 5. Simple as that.

We should be thankful to be in this position because it makes it an easy decision but of course it has to be complicated.
I definitely agree with your take, except we're talking about the Montreal Canadians here. When do they ever make the easy decision, lol?

Everything is overly complicated and overthought...

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Are people that want to trade up for Fantilli ready to give up 5th + Slaf or Hutson or Guhle ?
That’s what you’ll pay
(Not Kidney Harris and a 2nd lol)

Slaf is nice project but we're talking about getting a legit no1 Center for the upcoming years. Some have Fantilli as being very close to Bedard,

It's a trade that will turn your whole franchise around, probably starting next year.

it's an easy yes

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Slaf is nice project but we're talking about getting a legit no1 Center for the upcoming years. Some have Fantilli as being very close to Bedard,

It's a trade that will turn your whole franchise around, probably starting next year.

it's an easy yes
It's not just Slaf... it's Slaf and the 5th. I wouldn't do it. We'll probably be able to get Mitch at 5th and he could be better than Fantilli on his own.

We're rebuilding. It makes no sense to start trading away the building blocks we already have.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I'm not against any scenario.......for me what matter is the result on the ice and the answer will only be given once that players is on the team on the ice.

Some wants to win trades....I want to win games

Some wants to have the best player today......I want the player that will help the team wins, no matter where he fits in those lists

And if last year is any indication about how this management will work down the road......well, they don,t give a shit about what we think or they would have pick Wright last year. So let them do their thing and I'll bitch if the results don't follow!

Reactions: cphabs

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
That does not get you 2OA

It would take 5th + CC at minimum
I don't know man. Fantilli sounds killer and it could very well be worth that. But a lot of people think Mitch is as good or better and we could very well land him 5th. And then you're giving him away plus Slaf for free?

I'm not a fan of that deal. I think we should hang onto our pieces and build with them.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
the top 5-6 players are all great picks. so habs are NOT going to offer a kings weight in gold just to move up. Just wait to see who picked who in the top 4. see whats left.
you just never know. It might be mich and smith are sill on the board and just maybe say Arizona realy wants mich but it not their pick then and only then the habs must make the call. even to bump up 1 arizona might give habs back the habs 2nd rounder for 2024 which habs gave them in the passed. I know, thats a lot of IFFFFS. But thats exactly why the habs will wait ans SEE who has picked who first.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
But who decides that!!

Maybe out of 15 scouts, you have 5 saying Smith, 5 screaming Michkov and 5 beating the Leonard drum.

I feel like drafting 5th is the toughest spot in this years draft as there are gonna be multiple equal options for

But who decides that!!

Maybe out of 15 scouts, you have 5 saying Smith, 5 screaming Michkov and 5 beating the Leonard drum.

I feel like drafting 5th is the toughest spot in this years draft as there are gonna be multiple equal options for 1 selection.
I guess we have to trust the highly paid and qualified staff to figure that out. Too me Michkov will more than likely be available at 5th and he is easily the best player we could get at #5.

Reactions: jaffy27

lillypad33

Sep 20, 2008
Kitchener
If you can get Fantilli without giving up Caufield or Suzuki then you do it.
I feel like he's the next Eichel.

But without trades this is how I feel

1) I want michkov at 5.
2) would be pumped if Carlsson is available at 5
3) I expect Smith to be there at 5 and I'm ok with that
4) anybody else at 5 and I'm underwhelmed.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Fantilli has decent chance of becoming a franchise center with 90-100 pts per season. I think he is a solid notch above Smith.
I think you’re right.

But is he better than Mitch?

I don’t know either.

Last edited:

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
We tried to trade up for Bedard, but they wanted Mesar so we said NO F'ing WAY!
Burn. :laugh:

But who decides that!!

I feel like drafting 5th is the toughest spot in this years draft as there are gonna be multiple equal options for 1 selection.
I think it is the easiest, whomever is left of Michkov or Smith.

Reactions: cphabs and jaffy27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad