Draft Lottery Thought...

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Early entry should absolutely be exclusive to Tavares, Ekblad, McDavid, Wright; players thought as near locks for future NHL #1. Taking very, very good players out of their age group is a detriment to the development of the rest of that age group (imo). If there is a case to be made for three to be accepted as ES; maybe the players are not as exceptional as the year older draft class is poor.

The defect rule is a great equalizer; leave it alone.

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Early entry should absolutely be exclusive to Tavares, Ekblad, McDavid, Wright; players thought as near locks for future NHL #1. Taking very, very good players out of their age group is a detriment to the development of the rest of that age group (imo). If there is a case to be made for three to be accepted as ES; maybe the players are not as exceptional as the year older draft class is poor.

The defect rule is a great equalizer; leave it alone.
Counter argument, hypothetically Connor McDavid and John Tavares were the same age. They both shouldn't get exceptional status, it just means that age group is poor? Or is it possible that there are 2 really, really good players from 1 class, playing a year up? Lol

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Counter argument, hypothetically Connor McDavid and John Tavares were the same age. They both shouldn't get exceptional status, it just means that age group is poor? Or is it possible that there are 2 really, really good players from 1 class, playing a year up? Lol
Byfield, Perfetti, Drysdale, Power (all excellent-none exceptional given that four are excellent) should all have been given ES in the weaker 2001 draft class?
I don’t think so; I think there is a distinct difference between exceptional and very good/capable of playing up with the best of a not so great draft class.
lol

Reactions: rangersblues

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Byfield, Perfetti, Drysdale, Power (all excellent-none exceptional given that four are excellent) should all have been given ES in the weaker 2001 draft class?
I don’t think so; I think there is a distinct difference between exceptional and very good/capable of playing up with the best of a not so great draft class.
lol
I think I totally agree with your point. The reality is there isn’t likely to be a McDavid / Tavares in the same class. Just based on odds. But certainly if there were 2 players that were THAT special, then they could be both be given ES. But you should know it when you see it. Meaning no debate. “lol”

Reactions: dirty12

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad