Draft Lottery not on TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vman

Mar 10, 2003
hfboards.com
I would like to watch the Draft Lottery, it will be very exciting..

The 2005 Draft will be on TV right? Anyone know if Sportsnet will show it?

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
Gary Bettman is an idiot.
Wait! That is not news.
It is however a confirmation of the obvious.
Maybe as part of his post meeting news conference he'll anounce his resignation as well. One can dream, can't one?

bcrt2000

Feb 17, 2005
they want to do a reverse reveal... and also they don't have enough time to prepare for a glitch free LIVE lottery

and the other thing is, why are people complaining if the *fix* is in? honestly, if it is, who cares? its better for hockey that crosby goes to a big market team in the states, and everyone should pipe down about it so the casual fans dont get wind :)

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
Seachd said:
They can't do that though, because when a team gets picked, they have to take out its other balls.
False.
http://www.hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=3082243&postcount=105

If they want to do it live in reverse order keeping the 48 balls format they just have to give each ball a number (1-48) while already having assigned them to the teams (3 numbers to the Rangers, one to the Islanders..). They can have on the stage each teams' logo with the assigned numbers printed above it and covered with a piece of cloth. The public would not know the matches when the numbers are drawn. After the drawings the organizers realize which is the resulting order and they can start unveiling the logos corresponding to position #30, #29...

demonic

Mar 10, 2005
You don't even have to do that, just draw all 48 balls and only count the last ball drawn for a particular team. So if the Ranger's balls are drawn at positions 41, 27 and 12, then they get the 12th pick.

NYRGoalieGlut*

You conspirace theorists really need to grow up. I guess it's an NHL conspiracy that the Rangers have sucked year after year and therefore now are getting the most balls (tied for it). If the Rangers win it'll be because they have the best odds. Oh and to play the suckiness card one more time, if the NHL is so devious, wouldn't they find a way to make the Rangers get in the playoffs once in those 7 years and win a cup more than once in 65 years? Seriously I mean the NHL is full of conspiracies. Grow the f/uck up you whiners. :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
demonic said:
You don't even have to do that, just draw all 48 balls and only count the last ball drawn for a particular team. So if the Ranger's balls are drawn at positions 41, 27 and 12, then they get the 12th pick.
:eek:

We have a winner here!!

:bow:

Unchanged odds to pick first (3/48 for the Rangers as each NYRball has 1/48 to be the one left in the end) and to pick in the other positions as well I think!
This is absolutely the way they should do it, zero dead balls and it’s PERFECT for suspence!
Think about a team that has its 3 balls left with 4 balls to go…and ends up missing Sid :lol:
And what if then the 2nd picked player ends up being better than Crosby! :joker:

Hunter74

Sep 21, 2004
When I first seen this I didn't think much of it. How long is it gonna take for them to do this? 10mins?

They run down to a retirment home grab there bingo ball machine and stick everyones balls in there. Then they just snake all the other rounds. Heck the conference to tell everyone the order will take longer then pulling than the actual figuring out who picks were.

Are they gonna rig it? Most likely but I can imagine them rigging any other pick except the #1 overal pick. But I guess they could set up the top 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille