Patriots/NFL 2020 - Football is back

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I’m not of the belief Gary Myers would know something about Brady/McDaniels before anybody else

I honestly think his ass was chapped about BB wanting to move forward with Jimmy and I think BB wanted to move forward with a young QB on a rookie deal

it’s why you didn’t really see them negotiate this summer....I think they were both done with each other. Happens all the time in work and marriage

Reactions: N o o d l e s

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
I’m not of the belief Gary Myers would know something about Brady/McDaniels before anybody else

I honestly think his ass was chapped about BB wanting to move forward with Jimmy and I think BB wanted to move forward with a young QB on a rookie deal

it’s why you didn’t really see them negotiate this summer....I think they were both done with each other. Happens all the time in work and marriage

TBH, as much as I'm a fan of Brady's, he doesn't like anything that gets reported about him with this conflict between him, Belichick, and Kraft that now adds McDaniels into this. Unless it is information he can control as well as leaks that focuses on Bill and how he is the villain in this, along with the goofy crap like him going to Jim Gray and saying "I plead the fifth", Tom has been abrasive about this entire thing. So I don't frankly give a crap what Brady is happy with or not anymore. Anyone with eyes going off of Brady's actions last season, how he has dealt with playing alongside new receivers in recent years, the incident in the Buffalo game with Josh a couple years back, and so on could see that Tom was fed up with how McDaniels and Belichick were setting up the team. You don't need to be a WW2 code breaker to understand that Brady was/is becoming the NFL version of LeBron James and wanted to control the team. He wanted to dictate roster moves, he wanted control over the playbook, he wanted to shape the training habits of the team through his fraud doctor Guerrero, and so on. Like even Stevie Wonder in a dark basement could have seen that coming. If Brady is really upset about all of this speculation and is saying it is nonsense, he would have shown that in his actions in the past three seasons by putting the team first as well as staying in New England on a team friendly deal. He didn't and that is perfectly fine, because staying at this point with him and Bill would have made everything worse. But for him to get all offended about this and feel the need to scream "fake news" rather than simply ignore it is just gross.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Gary Myers is pretty credible when it comes to Brady. There is most likely some truth to what he reported. Fauria even hinted at this in February. Chris Gasper agrees with Myers. Even then it's not a big deal. It's quite possible Brady and McDaniels had a tough go of it this past year. That doesn't mean he still can't love McDaniels etc. Both can be true. Brady's own dad predicted he would end up playing somewhere else. We got 20 f***ing years out of the guy and both sides had reached the end of the marriage. There is nothing wrong with that. There doesn't have to be a villain here.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
TBH, as much as I'm a fan of Brady's, he doesn't like anything that gets reported about him with this conflict between him, Belichick, and Kraft that now adds McDaniels into this. Unless it is information he can control as well as leaks that focuses on Bill and how he is the villain in this, along with the goofy crap like him going to Jim Gray and saying "I plead the fifth", Tom has been abrasive about this entire thing. So I don't frankly give a crap what Brady is happy with or not anymore. Anyone with eyes going off of Brady's actions last season, how he has dealt with playing alongside new receivers in recent years, the incident in the Buffalo game with Josh a couple years back, and so on could see that Tom was fed up with how McDaniels and Belichick were setting up the team. You don't need to be a WW2 code breaker to understand that Brady was/is becoming the NFL version of LeBron James and wanted to control the team. He wanted to dictate roster moves, he wanted control over the playbook, he wanted to shape the training habits of the team through his fraud doctor Guerrero, and so on. Like even Stevie Wonder in a dark basement could have seen that coming. If Brady is really upset about all of this speculation and is saying it is nonsense, he would have shown that in his actions in the past three seasons by putting the team first as well as staying in New England on a team friendly deal. He didn't and that is perfectly fine, because staying at this point with him and Bill would have made everything worse. But for him to get all offended about this and feel the need to scream "fake news" rather than simply ignore it is just gross.
Brady had about 10 years in a row of team friendly deals. I think he had had enough.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Not gonna lie...I love these.

Hate 'em.

Especially considering the Rams used to have some of the best uniforms in the league.

gettyimages-89750993.jpg

b8638959a8076f22ef41f2dcc3913495.jpg

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Brady had about 10 years in a row of team friendly deals. I think he had had enough.

So not getting paid entitles Tom to act like a LeBron level ego driven asshole and not put the effort in to make the team better? All while being expected to be treated like he runs the team? Tom doesn't get to act miffed and not put his fair share of the work only to complain when the team punishes him for being a dick and undercutting the team. He doesn't get to just skip OTAs just to screw over the new players on the offense and change play calls when he wants so he can bitch about McDaniels and Belichick cutting him out of designing the gameplan. The NFL isn't the NBA where one player is bigger than the entire team. It doesn't work that way. Marino wasn't bigger than the Dolphins, Manning wasn't bigger than the Colts, and Favre wasn't bigger than the Packers. And while Brady is the greatest of all time at Quarterback, he was not above the Patriots.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Gary Myers is pretty credible when it comes to Brady. There is most likely some truth to what he reported. Fauria even hinted at this in February. Chris Gasper agrees with Myers. Even then it's not a big deal. It's quite possible Brady and McDaniels had a tough go of it this past year. That doesn't mean he still can't love McDaniels etc. Both can be true. Brady's own dad predicted he would end up playing somewhere else. We got 20 f***ing years out of the guy and both sides had reached the end of the marriage. There is nothing wrong with that. There doesn't have to be a villain here.

Maybe the media is just looking for a story to talk about. The Pats media is still covering Brady and have the imagine the NY media who mostly writes anti brady stories for the last 20 years needs some clicks as well

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

NFL players and Miami natives Deandre Baker and Quinton Dunbar have warrants out for their arrests on charges of armed robbery and aggravated assault, Miramar police announced Thursday night.

Baker, a 22-year-old starting cornerback with the New York Giants, has been charged with four counts of armed robbery and four counts of aggravated assault. Dunbar, a 27-year-old cornerback formerly with Washington, now with the Seattle Seahawks, was charged with four counts of armed robbery.

A Giants spokesman said in an email to the Miami Herald, “We are aware of the situation. We have been in contact with DeAndre. We have no further comment at this time.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/article242751361.html

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Gotta love millionaires feeling the need to commit armed robbery

I will never understand the stupidity that comes with some of these athletes. YOU MADE IT OUT, why would you go back to that life? There are thousands of at-risk youth who can only dream of accomplishing this much and making it out and then these idiots go and piss it all away for 7 grand and a couple watches that they could get with 1 (one) paycheck

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Gotta love millionaires feeling the need to commit armed robbery

I will never understand the stupidity that comes with some of these athletes. YOU MADE IT OUT, why would you go back to that life? There are thousands of at-risk youth who can only dream of accomplishing this much and making it out and then these idiots go and piss it all away for 7 grand and a couple watches that they could get with 1 (one) paycheck

Based on what I was reading, it was less about the watches/money, and more about payback for something that had happened before. Clearly, they were dumb enough to think that they wouldn't call the cops.

Reactions: CDJ

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

But he never wanted term. Always wanting to be a free agent every year so he couldn’t get traded without his approval or sit as a backup if he got hurt and the next guy played well. We wanted to sign him through the 2020 season but he refused.

Reactions: McGarnagle

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
But he never wanted term. Always wanting to be a free agent every year so he couldn’t get traded without his approval or sit as a backup if he got hurt and the next guy played well. We wanted to sign him through the 2020 season but he refused.

I'm sure the team if advisors he has working for him were also aware that NE wouldn't gave much cap space this off-season and there was little opportunity to bring in more weapons for Tom.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Honestly it sucks but him leaving is probably in the best interest of both teams. It’s been rehashed a thousand times now:

we weren’t gonna win anything by signing Brady to an expensive deal while losing key defensive pieces and not upgrading the offense. Its better to start the rebuild sooner rather than delaying the inevitable. No need to procrastinate.

Brady gets to go to a team with weapons and an improving young defense for the last couple years of his career. Has a chance to compete for a super bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad