Suzuki
Valimaki
Liljegren
Andersson
Foote
Tippett

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
Do we keep the #9 pick or do we trade down with Vegas and get the #13 and #15 pick stay tuned to find out.

I hope we keep 9 but trade 38 and one of our 3rds to move up into the late first.

A Petterson and Oettinger first round would be fantastic.

Last edited:

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
My top-9:

1. Hischier
2. Patrick
3. Heiskanen
4. Pettersson
5. Mittelstadt
6. Makar
7. Vilardi
8. Necas
9. Glass

Probably going to be disappointed if they don't pick one of these at #9.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Just really prepared for the worst. A bad trade down (again) in order to take an inferior prospect, a bad trade for a marginal, old vet, a first round goalie to replace the guy the front office is currently determined to run out of town as quickly as possible...

Bleh. Hopefully it's all pleasant, and I'm surprised tomorrow morning.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
That doesn't seem like equal value at all to me.
The chart I saw was something like 9+25 for 13+15, for equal value, so Detroit would have to throw in a player(s) and/or prospect(s) with a total value of roughly 25 overall to balance the sheet.

I doubt a deal works out that both teams like, but anything is possible.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Just really prepared for the worst. A bad trade down (again) in order to take an inferior prospect, a bad trade for a marginal, old vet, a first round goalie to replace the guy the front office is currently determined to run out of town as quickly as possible...

Bleh. Hopefully it's all pleasant, and I'm surprised tomorrow morning.

They have spent much more time this year on scouting as opposed to other years so I think we're going to take someone good and I like.

Maybe I'm crazy.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
I can never rally around an individual on draft day. When I read through scouting reports they all sound great. Im just buckling up and trusting the scouting department.

Whether they go with a D or Forward we need to get someone who can play in the top half of the line up. Drafting is a guessing game but we really can't afford a miss on our first top 10 pick since the 80s.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
My top-9:

1. Hischier
2. Patrick
3. Heiskanen
4. Pettersson
5. Mittelstadt
6. Makar
7. Vilardi
8. Necas
9. Glass

Probably going to be disappointed if they don't pick one of these at #9.

I'll be 0% mad or disappointed if we take Nick Suzuki at 9. I'm probably in the minoroty with that though.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
They have spent much more time this year on scouting as opposed to other years so I think we're going to take someone good and I like.

Maybe I'm crazy.

I really want you to be right.

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
Ideally, I'd be happy with one of Glass, Necas, or Pettersson. I also would not mind if they decide to take a shot at someone like Liljegren. But knowing Kenny, we will either trade down or take someone off board.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I hope we keep 9 but trade 38 and one of our 3rds to move up into the late first.

A Petterson and Oettinger first round would be fantastic.

I know Holland is seeking another mid to late 1st rounder probably to draft Oettinger if we're to deal Mrazek. Our #38 pick plus one of our 3rd rounders should net us a late 1st rounder to take Jake Oettinger i would be happy if we could land both Pettersson and Oettinger in the 1st round.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Ideally, I'd be happy with one of Glass, Necas, or Pettersson. I also would not mind if they decide to take a shot at someone like Liljegren. But knowing Kenny, we will either trade down or take someone off board.

Same here, But realistically i doubt we've much of a chance on Glass unless we trade up. And that's highly unlikely.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
I know Holland is seeking another mid to late 1st rounder probably to draft Oettinger if we're to deal Mrazek. Our #38 pick plus one of our 3rd rounders should net us a late 1st rounder to take Jake Oettinger i would be happy if we could land both Pettersson and Oettinger in the 1st round.

I would like to see a trade up for a second 1st round pick. Id just rather see it used on a dman or center/winger.

Ideally, you could then sign that Cal Petersen out of Notre Dame

Beltv

Apr 13, 2017
There goes my hope of Mrazek going to ARI tonight at the draft. They just picked up Raanta and Stepan.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
There goes my hope of Mrazek going to ARI tonight at the draft. They just picked up Raanta and Stepan.

Gotta think that Rangers will be taking a forward with the 7th overall pick too. They got back DeAngelo in the trade and this frees up money for them to sign Shattenkirk.

Beltv

Apr 13, 2017
I think Buffalo might be moving on from Robin Lehner, Here's hoping that Mrazek heads either to Buffalo or Philly.

Or Vancouver, then sign Miller to a cheap deal to be a back up. Make Coreau earn it.

Looks like the 9th pick would still carry some value if 7th snagged Stepan and Raanta...if there was interest in trading from our FO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad