Pick 211:Filip Helt

Ck3cZ78XEAQuypm.jpg

ClvVXBfUoAAWXfu.jpg:large

RD. 1: FRI JUN 24, 7PM ET – TV: NBCSN
RD. 2-7: SAT JUN 25, 10AM ET – TV: NHLN, TVA – WEB: NHL.COM​

Last edited:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
No ****ing way we trade Elliott unless we're getting something substantial back, especially after that playoff run he just had. No chance.

RORbacon

May 14, 2014
Central Illinois

but sweeney is having multiple conversations with a number of teams, and even hinted that some names are in play that haven’t been widely circulated in the usual nhl rumor mills. This is where names such as dmitry kulikov fit into the equation if the bruins are beaten to the punch for both shattenkirk and fowler.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Regarding Elliott

Pick #35 is good value...but ****...it just seems so damn wrong. I had such good hopes for today and non surprisingly....they are slowly getting crushed.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Very good chance we lose Elliot in the expansion draft..why not get value for him I say

Because we won't. He'd be a pending UFA. We protect Allen and wait to sign Elliott until after the expansion draft. And even if we are going to lose him, having him for the year is worth more than a 2nd rounder. We needed both goalies this year with injuries. We may need them both again. And Elliott has proven to be better in the playoffs.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
If we trade Elliot for a 2nd rounder, it might be the most frustrated I've been with this team in my lifetime.

Colt 55

RIP Oscar and Jose
Jan 28, 2012
Coronado
Because we won't. He'd be a pending UFA. We protect Allen and wait to sign Elliott until after the expansion draft. And even if we are going to lose him, having him for the year is worth more than a 2nd rounder. We needed both goalies this year with injuries. We may need them both again. And Elliott has proven to be better in the playoffs.

That's a pretty damn small sample size for Allen in the playoffs if that's your argument

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Elliott/Allen tandem it cheap cheap fun fun. Trading one of for 2rd round pick is horrendous deal.

I could buy that if Binnington or Copley could be ready for back-up role, but they aren't and Husso isn't ready yet.

Imagine if we trade Elliott and Allen goes shaky mode, allow only softies and our back-up is Nilsson. Or Allen for example injuries, welp we're pretty much screwed.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Elliott/Allen tandem it cheap cheap fun fun. Trading one of for 2rd round pick is horrendous deal.

I could buy that if Binnington or Copley could be ready for back-up role, but they aren't and Husso isn't ready yet.

Imagine if we trade Elliott and Allen goes shaky mode, allow only softies and our back-up is Nilsson. Or Allen for example injuries, welp we're pretty much screwed.

Isn't the 2017 #1OA projection looking pretty good?

#itsallapartoftheplan

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
That's a pretty damn small sample size for Allen in the playoffs if that's your argument

Yes, but a lot of the worry on Allen is that he has struggled in those games all the way through junior hockey as well.

I just want us to commit to Allen and find out what we have. If he bombs, sign Bishop or take a run at one of the goalies on the block in the lead up to the expansion draft.

I don't want Allen to be looking for $4m+ at the end of next season and we're still unsure.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Can't wait to hear Puljujärvi in pre-show interview, Laine is now. Decent english, but if Pulju speaks its funny.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad