NHL Entry Draft Draft Day Media

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Interesting take from Wheeler.

I certainly get an argument based on the difference between the sens high end offensive prospects and the available players and the sens high end defensive prospects and Sanderson. That said I’d argue that the sens defense prospects don’t include an elite defender with size capable of shutting down opposing stars. We’ve also seen how much an elite transition defender elevates the offensive production of the entire team. The sens could have high level transition defenders on the ice the entire game with this pick up.

You also have to add that the sens are building a team that is hard to play against top to bottom, and self starters with high character. From what I’ve read, aside from Rossi arguably, Sanderson is the player who best fits that style.

I was on board with two forwards but there are significant benefits to taking Sanderson there. Rumour is the sens list had him at 4, I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Sanderson was as high as #3 and as low as #10 on some lists - so can understand his prospective. I think it’s a good pick and is the right pick.

so many teams like Edmonton and Toronto Can’t advance because they don’t have the D. Great regular season teams, but big D and having guys like Hedman, Seth Jones, Mcdonaugh, Pieternagelo, Bouwmeester, Seabrooke - these guys are difference makers and in the playoffs, are always the players that can deliver every night.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Winners and losers from one-of-a-kind 2020 NHL Draft - Sportsnet.ca

Ottawa Senators: Ottawa picked three times in Tuesday’s first round. Overall, the Sens added a player they believe can be a top centre (Tim Stuetzle, third overall), a six-foot-two defenceman (Jake Sanderson, fifth overall) and a 26-year-old goalie with two Stanley Cups on his resume in Matt Murray thanks to a low-risk deal with Pittsburgh. Add that to the mountain of quality young players and prospects that have already landed in Ottawa and you can begin dreaming big

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad