GDT: Draft Day 2015 - Round 1!! (Sportsnet/TVA in Canada..NBCSN in USA) 7pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Hopefully we end with one of: Thomas Chabot, Jeremy Roy, Jakub Zboril, Nick Merkley, Brock Boeser, Colin White, Joel Eriksson-Ek, Denis Gurianov, John Roslovic, Noah Juulsen,

Or if we trade down: Thomas Novak, Nicholas Meloche, Gabriel Carlsson, Jacob Larsson, Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson, Zachary Senyshyn, Guillaume Brisebois, Robin Kovacs..

No, please god no Bittner or Carlo.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Gimme some Sprong! Love those Lac-St-Louis prospects. Outside of LL, they have a pretty good record of panning out in the NHL.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Here was my mock from a few weeks ago.

Keep in mind that this is a mock draft. NOT draft rankings.

Also keep in mind Buffalo no longer owns pick 21. Ottawa does now.

1. Edmonton - Connor McDavid

2. Buffalo - Jack Eichel

3. Arizona - Noah Hanifin

4. Toronto - Mitch Marner

5. Carolina - Dylan Strome

6. New Jersey - Ivan Provorov

7. Philadelphia - Pavel Zacha

8. Columbus - Mikko Rantanen

9. San Jose - Matthew Barzal

10. Colorado - Zach Werenski

11. Florida - Lawson Crouse

12. Dallas - Kyle Connor

13. Los Angeles - Travis Konecny

14. Boston - Timo Meier

15. Calgary - Jakub Zboril

16. Edmonton - Evgeny Svechnikov

17. Winnipeg - Nick Merkley

18. Ottawa - Joel Eriksson Ek

19. Detroit - Denis Guryanov

20. Minnesota - Colin White

21. Buffalo - Jake DeBrusk

22. Washington - Thomas Chabot

23. Vancouver - Brock Boeser

24. Toronto - Jeremy Roy

25. Winnipeg - Noah Juulsen

26. Montreal - Jack Roslovic

27. Anaheim - Paul Bittner

28. Tampa Bay - Jonas Siegenthaler

29. Philadelphia - Tom Novak

30. Arizona - Filip Chlapik

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Rumours courtesy of Bobby Mac:

Jets and Sens are both trying to use their 2 first round picks to move up.

Columbus is in discussions with Arizona for the 3rd Overall pick.

Reports everywhere that Montreal may move down, but I doubt they do this until they see who drops.

I love the draft.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Hopefully we end with one of: Thomas Chabot, Jeremy Roy, Jakub Zboril, Nick Merkley, Brock Boeser, Colin White, Joel Eriksson-Ek, Denis Gurianov, John Roslovic, Noah Juulsen,

Or if we trade down: Thomas Novak, Nicholas Meloche, Gabriel Carlsson, Jacob Larsson, Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson, Zachary Senyshyn, Guillaume Brisebois, Robin Kovacs..

No, please god no Bittner or Carlo.

This pretty much covers it for me lol

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I'll hold onto my reservations about Roslovic until I see him produce at the University of Miami as a go-to player on his line. I've been burnt too many times getting excited about complimentary players that produce well because of outstanding linemates. I'm not going to be upset if we draft him, but I'm going to take a bit of a "show-me" approach if we do. There's a fair bit to like about his game despite the offensive question marks.

Last edited:

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
My feeling..

We're moving down to get 2 2nds and then flip the highest 2nd + b prospect for Sharp.

We get out we Sharp + 2nd for 2nd + B prospect

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
My feeling..

We're moving down to get 2 2nds and then flip the highest 2nd + b prospect for Sharp.

We get out we Sharp + 2nd for 2nd + B prospect

I'd say it's more likely that we'd move our 2016 2nd as we also have Buffalo's. Considering the age of our core, putting off drafting a player in the top-60 for another year probably isn't in our best interests.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I'll hold onto my reservations about Roslovic until I see him produce at the University of Michigan as a go-to player on his line. I've been burnt too many times getting excited about complimentary players that produce well because of outstanding linemates. I'm not going to be upset if we draft him, but I'm going to take a bit of a "show-me" approach if we do. There's a fair bit to like about his game despite the offensive question marks.

He's headed to Miami in Ohio ;) . You're right , he'll have to prove himself a bit at the next level. I'm sure he knows it too, he most have heard it a lot in the various interviews.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Rumours courtesy of Bobby Mac:

Jets and Sens are both trying to use their 2 first round picks to move up.

Columbus is in discussions with Arizona for the 3rd Overall pick.

Reports everywhere that Montreal may move down, but I doubt they do this until they see who drops.

I love the draft.

Marek speculating on Leafs Lunch that if Marner is picked at #3, the Leafs will trade down, possibly as low as 8th.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
I'd say it's more likely that we'd move our 2016 2nd as we also have Buffalo's. Considering the age of our core, putting off drafting a player in the top-60 for another year probably isn't in our best interests.

Could be !

At first, I was sure we would use our 1st to pick someone. Now, I'm pretty confident we'll trade down to get 2 2nds.

I love draft day !

cedouimet

Aug 3, 2005
Dont care who or where we draft....as long as at least one of PAP and/or DD are traded!!!

But i'd really like if we manage to get ROY or SPRONG!

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
The worse thing about having the "we may trade down for 2 2 round picks" mentality is you can watch an entire draft, reach the near end and then...boom, your team isn't even picking today.

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
Wish we had five picks in the first three rounds THIS year.

Could be party time for our divisional foes and a relatively quiet day for Habs fans. :shakehead

Hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

Leafs shocking the world and taking Carlo fourth overall would be a great start. ;)

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
It's here! It's finally here!

excited-baby.gif

turbodragon

Jan 24, 2014
Would love for us to trade down and get two second round picks, as this seems a very deep draft, but I wonder how do-able it is. I'm thinking any team with 2 2nds will want to hold on to them for precisely the same reason. Would we settle for a high 2nd and 3rd?

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
My philosophy for this year is: trade PAP and DD for anything = success!!! $$

Even if we don't do anything else, it would be considered a winning summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad