Arlington, VA
2013NHLDraftCollage.jpg

prudentialcenter_0.jpg

TIMES
Canadian Viewers: 3:00 ET on TSN
USA Viewers: 3:00 ET on NBCSN
Other Viewers: 7:00 pm [19:00] GMT
Canadian Viewers: Everything is on TSN
USA Viewers: 8:00 ET on NHL Network (Later rounds)

RESULTS
http://www.nhl.com/ice/eventhome.htm?location=/draft/2013
http://www.nhl.com/

FINAL RANKINGS
http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectbrowse.htm
http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=9420
http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=98084

WHAT TO WATCH FOR

- Sakic/Roy bluffing with MacKinnon as 1st overall?
- How much activity in the top 4?
- Carolina at 5th overall is open to anything?
- Tyler Seguin on a new team?
- Calgary still trying to get 1st overall?
- Oilers pushing for Coburn, but so are other teams?!
- Perron for sell? CBJ's frontrunners?
- Cory Schneider is in play!
- EJ+1st combo for Hedman+3rd?
- Ducks and Flyers, Ryan and Coburn package?
- Skinner, Myers, and others (Vanek/Miller) available on Canes and Sabres?
- Flyers looking for a goaler?!
- Vinny wants to be signed quickly?
- Cammalleri on the block for Flames rebuild?
- Edler, one of the most hottest players on the market?
- Horton going to hit free agency? Ference and his rights are tradeable?
- Bob going to turn down that 10 million dollar contract? Thomas to Columbus an option?
- Oilers shopping 7th overall and other picks for established players?
- Pietrangelo not liking Blues offers?
- Miller for NHL ready help?
- Matt Duchene close to contract extension
- Fleischmann to a contender?
- Fletcher willing to move Clutterbuck?
- Islanders willing to move their 1st rounder?
- CBJ and Dallas willing to move up? What about Winnipeg and their 2nd rounders?
- Talks heating up between Oilers and Leafs?
- Is Stastny available? To Toronto?

- And the main question of all....what is going to happen to Luongo?

STOLEN FROM MAIN BOARD

EDIT-- COULD A MOD MAKE A TABLE FOR ME THAT WOULD ALLOW US TO PUT THE PICKS AND TRADES IN A ORGANIZED TABLE?

Last edited:

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
The fact that this draft is being talked about as being one of the most active/exciting ever makes me scared that nothing is going to happen and it's going to be boring.

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
Dont. Trade. Seguin.

Would be one of the biggest, if not the biggest regrets this franchise has done since, Joe Thornton? Thornton trade did have it's benefits though in the long term. Not saying the two are exactly similar, but I would hate to trade away a young potential franchise player *cough* for three pieces that may never make an impact.

boston77

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
The fact that this draft is being talked about as being one of the most active/exciting ever makes me scared that nothing is going to happen and it's going to be boring.

Just finished watching a special on the 2003 draft considered one of if not the best draft ever. In the first round look at these picks attached.... the Rangers really screwed up with Hugh Jessiman at 12 and St louis Shawn Bellle at 30 both had 1 point combined in their NHL careers in 2/20 games...

We picked Mark Stuart at 21 after that pick these guys were selected... Ryan Kesler, Mike Richards, Brian Boyle, Corey Perry , Loui Erriksson, David Backes, Shea Weber, Joe Pavelski, .This was one of the best drafts ever but for us it is probably the worst draft we have ever had except for Patrice Bergeron at 45. Here is a list of the others we picked who either never played a single game or had a cup of coffee....

Masi Marjamaki, Byron Bitz, Frank Rediker, Patrick Valcak. Mike Brown, Nate Thompson, Benoit Mondou, Kevin Regan, ... wow...the scouting staff had to be fired after this debacle...

Attachments

• 2003 Draft.rtfd.zip
    48.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

corpfan1

May 9, 2009
Etobicoke
Would only trade Seguin:

1) To Colorado for #1 plus something.

2) To Nashville for #4 plus something.

It would have to be the pick plus a roster player plus them accepting another salary dump like Peverley.

So....

Seguin + Peverley to Colorado for #1 pick plus ???.

Seguin + Peverley to Nashville for #4 pick plus ???.

So, it would have to be Seguin moving out west, plus us getting a top 4 pick in the draft and Peverley's contract gone.

We are talking Matt Duchesne or Colin Wilson or something like that.

Dont. Trade. Seguin.

Would be one of the biggest, if not the biggest regrets this franchise has done since, Joe Thornton? Thornton trade did have it's benefits though in the long term. Not saying the two are exactly similar, but I would hate to trade away a young potential franchise player *cough* for three pieces that may never make an impact.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Nope, dropping cap, teams forced to waive/buyout players all over the place, it`s been busy already, this one will be, IMO, the busiest/most active draft day in history

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
Just finished watching a special on the 2003 draft considered one of if not the best draft ever. In the first round look at these picks attached.... the Rangers really screwed up with Hugh Jessiman at 12 and St louis Shawn Bellle at 30 both had 1 point combined in their NHL careers in 2/20 games...

We picked Mark Stuart at 21 after that pick these guys were selected... Ryan Kesler, Mike Richards, Brian Boyle, Corey Perry , Loui Erriksson, David Backes, Shea Weber, Joe Pavelski, .This was one of the best drafts ever but for us it is probably the worst draft we have ever had except for Patrice Bergeron at 45. Here is a list of the others we picked who either never played a single game or had a cup of coffee....

Masi Marjamaki, Byron Bitz, Frank Rediker, Patrick Valcak. Mike Brown, Nate Thompson, Benoit Mondou, Kevin Regan, ... wow...the scouting staff had to be fired after this debacle...

LMAO swap Bergeron and Stuart and voila Bruins had a pretty good draft.... Thompson and Bitz play/played in the show 4 guys from one draft in the NHL is probably above norm ....

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
This would be a lot more exciting if we had a first, damn you Jagr and you're 0 goals in the playoffs.

boston77

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
LMAO swap Bergeron and Stuart and voila Bruins had a pretty good draft.... Thompson and Bitz play/played in the show 4 guys from one draft in the NHL is probably above norm ....

AS I said if we had not picked Bergy this draft would have been a total disaster. I pointed out the players who were picked after Stuart that had productive NHL careers at higher levels than what the B's got in Stuart. Byron Bitz was ok and Nate Thompson was a useful 4th liner but he didn't play for us. IN a normal year you are right but that draft was extremely deep and had more players that played in the league and are productive still than many drafts except for 1979. It was disappointing for that reason. If there was a draft that we should have moved up in that was it.. look at the top 20 just before Stuart...

M.A Fleury , Eric Staal, Horty, Vanek, Ryan Suter , Braydon Cobourn, Phaneuf, Jeff Carter, Dustin Brown, Seabrook, Parise, Getzlaf, Burns....

Last edited:

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
Nope, dropping cap, teams forced to waive/buyout players all over the place, it`s been busy already, this one will be, IMO, the busiest/most active draft day in history

It will be busy between now and the open of camp. I don't know if draft day will be insane, but I do think this off-season will be one of the busiest. I think we also will have a really busy off-season again next year as teams will likely have 6-8 million more in cap space.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
AS I said if we had not picked Bergy this draft would have been a total disaster. I pointed out the players who were picked after Stuart that had productive NHL careers at higher levels than what the B's got in Stuart. Byron Bitz was ok and Nate Thompson was a useful 4th liner but he didn't play for us. IN a normal year you are right but that draft was extremely deep and had more players that played in the league and are productive still than many drafts except for 1979. It was disappointing for that reason. If there was a draft that we should have move up i that was it.. look at the top 20 just before Stuart...

M.A Fleury , Eric Staal, Horty, Vanek, Ryan Suter , Braydon Cobourn, Phaneuf, Jeff Carter, Dustin Brown, Seabrook, Parise, Getzlaf, Burns....

Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, did you enjoy the play? :laugh:

Hindsight is always 20/20, especially when it comes to predicting the future of 18-year-old boys. Every draft has its busts, and every team has a list of regrets as long as a Chara stick.

RaybCamn

Oct 16, 2010
Would you train Seguin and Pevs McQuaide for CBJ 2 first round picks they have 3

member 96824

2003 was a fantasy draft basically and we chose Stuart.

Can't even make fun of Pitt and Fleury.:(

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Agreed, plus Bitz played in the show. He only got 97 games before the injury cut his career short. Nate Thompson is going to end up playing over a decade in the NHL

Yeah the Bruins draft could have been better in 2003. But in the end they drafted a franchise cornerstone player (Bergy), and 2 guys who will spend more than a decade as NHL players.

It's not like they drafted hugh Jessiman

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Heading to draft and a bummer no picks till 60, one of best drafts in years but oh well. Will be interesting every time I hear trade announced on the podium and I hope we can see the Boston table

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Open mind go with it- we both have no idea so that's a good thing; history is all we can go by and this group has not been afraid to do things

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Not going to rule out Chia moving into the 1st, but really unlikely...

Hoping Peverley is gone today. Have a feeling Caron will be gone as well. Perhaps them, the rights to Ference, Horton, and possibly Khudobin can give us enough assets to either move up or draft multiple players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad