DRAFT: Coyotes select Jordan Szwarz 97th overall

allidoisleafs

Jun 20, 2009
Szwarz is a playmaking right wing from the OHL's Saginaw Spirit. The 5'11" 186 lb. forward put up 17-34-51 in 67 games last year.

this guy went to my school and lets just say hes philthy

he came 1st in most body workouts like bench n stuff hes a machine
check his fights on youtube
and hes not a playmaker lets just say hes a powerforward

im a leafs fan but sick pick

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=431498 <---------very good pre-draft article

"He's a competitor," Saginaw coach Todd Watson told NHL.com. "The kid plays hard every night, plays hard every shift. He can hurt you in a lot of different ways. He can score goals. ... He's a smart player, that's one of his biggest strengths, his smarts and competitiveness. He's tough as nails, he's in great shape. His biggest strengths are his competitiveness and his smarts for the game."

"I definitely I think I'm a very good two-way player," Szwarz said. "I care just as much about the defensive side as I do the offensive side. I'm a very tenacious kid. I'm not the biggest kid, I'm 5-11, but I play very physical and I like to be an in-your-face kind of guy. I've got great hockey sense, I can anticipate plays, I know where to be without the puck. I just know different situations on the ice.

Watson is sure Szwarz has the work ethic to do whatever he needs to fully round out his game, calling his level of commitment, "probably the best on our team."

"I just know that if there's a kid that will make it on work ethic and hard work, he's the one," Watson added. "If it's based on that, he's got a great chance. Other factors come in and he has to produce, but ... he's as well-rounded player as I've coached."

Dan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Kyle Woodlief chat
Halifax,Nova Scotia: Hi Kyle.I noticed that Jordan Szwarz of Saginaw did very well in the recent NHL prospects combine.What kind of a player is he and do you think he would fit into the style of play that Brian Burke wants to play in Toronto,that is tougher?
Kyle Woodlief: I do think Szwarz is an annoying little buzzsaw who would fit nicely into Brian Burke's scheme of things.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I think he has great potential to be a valuable 4th line RW. He just needs to get a chance, and he needs to make the most of it. The reason he didn't make the team last years is because we decided to sign the 75 inches of stacked goat turds that is often referred to as David Moss.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
4 points in 35 games. I like Szwarz, but he hasn't exactly lit it up in Glendale. Those are Mossy stats. A couple bottom six injuries this year and I'd like to see him back, but he's definitely in the McMillan category.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
It's really too bad he's not a center with a strong FO%, given the style he plays it would make him considerably more valuable. He seems to have that shut down side and grit area covered, just needs to chip in 20ish points in a 4th line role, maybe hit the mid 30s in a 3rd line roll.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad