Draft #39 - Laurent Dauphin

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
Surprised by this pick, but I certainly don't mind it. I don't immediately think of Dauphin when I think Tip style hockey.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Maloney is really stocking up on offensive skill so far. Good for him. Just what the doctor ordered!

Hopefully it stays that way with the first pick in the third too. Hopefully Lipon or Bjorkstrand are still there. But for now, I'll be happy with the offensively talented center.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Maloney is really stocking up on offensive skill so far. Good for him. Just what the doctor ordered!
Bingo, I like his stats and various accolades.

THIS has me concerned:

Favorite Movies: Fast and Furious, The Hangover, Grown Ups
Favorite TV shows: Prison Break, Les Boys
Favorite Music group: Nickelback

... based on this, Dauphin just might be an idiot.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Love this pick. Best available on my list. He's a little wiry, but he plays a style similar to Claude Giroux. Great possession skills and high effort level. Just needs to gain some strength.

diceone

Aug 14, 2006
tempe
Bingo, I like his stats and various accolades.

THIS has me concerned:

Favorite Movies: Fast and Furious, The Hangover, Grown Ups
Favorite TV shows: Prison Break, Les Boys
Favorite Music group: Nickelback

... based on this, Dauphin just might be an idiot.

:amazed:

He is now my least favorite Coyote...

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I love this pick. I would've taken him in the first. I only saw him at the top prospects game and the last two games of the U18's, but he was unbelievable in each of those games. Tons of effort and skill. He's going to be a favourite.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
As I mentioned already, I'm thrilled with this pick. His upside is as high as anyone outside of the top five in this draft, and I think even a year from now, people will be wondering why he didn't go in the first round. Colossal potential here.

He needs to add a lot of strength, but he knows that. He's coming off an impressive QMJHL debut and a great U18 where he showed off his dynamic possession and passing skills. I expect him to explode next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad