Injury Report: Dougie Hamilton (Leg) - UPD - Had Surgery on 1/17/20 - Out Indefinitely

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
I'm just going to keep lying to myself and believe that he's just a huge wuss and had a charlie horse. We'll see him right after the all-star break.

Reactions: Lempo

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Just about the worst thing that could happen to the Canes season. With Aho looking meek and Svechnikov still learning, Dougie has been the only player on the team who has consistently stepped up and got the job done offensively.

Hoping for good news. It would be an extreme worst-case scenario if Hamilton is out for a year. The Canes could neither trade nor sign him at that point without seeing how he recovers. By the time they got a read on his recovery he'd be a UFA.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helsinki Hurricanes

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
o1ienON.gif

Reactions: cptjeff

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
If we’re lucky we’re talking about Hamilton being out at least 6-7 weeks with a broken fibula. But likely could be looking at 3-4 months. I’d say 50/50 he gets shut down for the season.

Reactions: Tryamw

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Considering how bad it could have been, I'll certainly take it. Get better soon Dougie. It's a shame it had to happen to such a fun guy.

We'll see if we make a move or if guys step up.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Im no doctor but it looks like if he doesnt need surgery it might not be too long term. If he does, it could be months but if he doesnt he may even be back for the p-word if they're in them

Reactions: Tryamw

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
With Williams coming back, our strength was already probably going to be, and clearly will be now, our forward group. They will need to carry the load. We obviously need Pesce to go to his higher level, Gardiner to continue to figure things out, and the rest of the guys to not kill us, but I think we'll go where our forwards take us now. The best we can hope for from the D and goalies is probably not to kill us like we had when Jordan was out last year and McKegg and Wallmark were just solid enough.

Reactions: Helsinki Hurricanes

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Hate it for Dougie.

I'd say this is the time for that all defensive depth we've been trying to build to step up, but realistically we're going to roll with Edmundson and Gardiner in the top 4 eating serious minutes with TVR and Fleury on the bottom pairing. It's probably going to be a complete shitshow. Sorry Bean, Priskie, McKeown etc.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
It's tough. I get that Brindy will probably want to lean on the somewhat experienced to experienced guys, but we just lost a big part of our offense from the blue line. Totally ready or not, I do wish they'd throw Bean or Priskie in there to see if they can bring some sheltered offensive spark. Hopefully we'll see the mythical Pesce offensive game I'm always hearing about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad