Dougie Hamilton III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I'm confident Dougie's defensive game will come around. I was a kid when Chara played his first few years but I don't remember him being a phenomenal shut down two way defenseman, maybe some of you folks do?

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
I'm confident Dougie's defensive game will come around. I was a kid when Chara played his first few years but I don't remember him being a phenomenal shut down two way defenseman, maybe some of you folks do?

Chara wasn't, nor was Lidstrom, Niedermayer, Pronger etc.

People think Hamilton took a step back defensively last year, he didn't. This is an example of where advanced stats can be useful. This last season he played more difficult matchups and played more defensive situations. His role changed, and while he wasn't perfect, I think he was well above the curve for his age.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Chara wasn't, nor was Lidstrom, Niedermayer, Pronger etc.

People think Hamilton took a step back defensively last year, he didn't. This is an example of where advanced stats can be useful. This last season he played more difficult matchups and played more defensive situations. His role changed, and while he wasn't perfect, I think he was well above the curve for his age.

all of this

BobbyAwe

Nov 21, 2006
South Carolina
So, let's see...we didn't make the playoffs, and now there's a chance we may not even be able to sign one of our very few young players who has real potential? This team is in deep doo-doo :shakehead

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
So, let's see...we didn't make the playoffs, and now there's a chance we may not even be able to sign one of our very few young players who has real potential? This team is in deep doo-doo :shakehead

Has a GM ever been fired before his team even plays a game for him ? That's what will happen if Sweeney doesn't wake up.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
Has a GM ever been fired before his team even plays a game for him ? That's what will happen if Sweeney doesn't wake up.

We can't say "still evaluating" because that's Chia's catch phrase.

What for Sweeney?

"evaluation is part of the process" ??

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
Why is there panic about him not being resigned or traded? The contract terms are the only issue here.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Why is there panic about him not being resigned or traded? The contract terms are the only issue here.

because he's an RFA and in about 1 week teams will be able to offer sheet him which poses a significant risk to the Bruins and severely hinders the team's leverage in being able to dictate those terms.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
As per Darren Dregger this morning. Teams have inquired on Dougie. They are striking to trade for him.

Trade for very high high value would be much easier to handle than him getting an offer sheet.

Sign him or trade him but I'm not going to take a risk for offer sheets hurting us even more.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Giordano supposedly asking in the 9 million range.

Sweeney better just sign Dougie and get this over with. Give him the big 8 year deal. Forget a bridge deal. At this rate, you give him a bridge deal and he's asking for 11m in a couple years.

TootSweet

Sep 22, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Giordano supposedly asking in the 9 million range.

Sweeney better just sign Dougie and get this over with. Give him the big 8 year deal. Forget a bridge deal. At this rate, you give him a bridge deal and he's asking for 11m in a couple years.

I agree. I rather have him signed long term quicker. Just get it done.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
7 million a year might end up being overpayment, but with the way the D market is trending it will still be a very tradeable contract if the Bruins get cold feet in the next couple years.

Come on, Don...
Shia-Labeouf-motivation-just-do-it.gif

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
There is abso-****in-lutely no way we don't sign or match an offer for this kid.

Unless a team knock our socks off with a trade offer, which I doubt.

I saw that the other day. The kid is such a nerd it's hilarious. Can't wait to see what he turns into in 3 years. Not an angry bone in his body, which is unfortunate for my Pronger-esque hopes

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
If I'm a GM and I don't inquire about DH then I'm not doing my job.

I'd be floored if he's not with Boston and signed.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
really praying they don't do a bridge deal. The Keith and Doughty deals in Chicago and LA are a big reason they have multiple cups while the Habs haven't won **** and probably won't during the life of Subban's deal.

I'll gladly overpay Dougie now if it means it's a little easier to get him a solid #2 when he's in his prime.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
I don't even know what to do anymore. Send him to Arizona for OEL and 3rdOA. Im delusional I just hate the unknowns. Why can't it be October yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad