TSN Radio Doughty's views on playing in Toronto

eddieO

Jan 9, 2013
The Beach
But just to add: I'm happy Doughty said that publicly because I'm sick of hearing people talk about how players will give the leafs a "hometown discount". What? Why? They're dealing with more outside pressure playing here than anywhere else they should ask for more not less.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
There seems to be a lot of insecurity in this thread about how valuable a destination TO is to UFAs. What Doughty said seems to be a common notion. I don't fault him for it. Leaf players get hounded almost everywhere. But some of them just embrace and love it. Some of them don't and have a bad time. They leave. That's just the ticket price of playing in TO so whatever.

Who cares, we keep building the right way and people will change their tune. Why beat up a guy who's telling you the truth.

Lol no they don't. They're not that popular because they haven't done anything to get recognized or for people to care even if they are recognized. If they start winning, then maybe.

But by then, they will enjoy the limelight. No one ever hates good attention. Ask the 90's and early 00's Leafs if they hated being kings of the city.

desperateblue

Jun 17, 2004
For every shrinking violet there's an ego maniac that loves attention.
Like everything else in life the extremes cancel each other out.
Mitch Austin and willy seem thrilled to be leafs so it can't be all bad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad