Value of: Doughty to Pittsburgh

Tweed

Jun 25, 2006
What would it cost Pittsburgh to get Doughty from LA this off-season?

Edit: Doughty on his current contract, unsigned 1yr UFA.

For those of you that want me to make the first pitch: I won't pretend to be great at floating trade proposals, or evaluating players, or being knowledgeable of other teams' needs. I have no idea what 1 year of Doughty is worth to LA. Mods, please let me know if I have to field an offer in the OP, instead of deleting the thread.

Thanks in advance to those offering thoughtful and constructive opinions and ideas!
-Tweed

Last edited:

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Maata, Sprong, Guentzel, Jarry, 2019 1st

Unless the Penguins trade one of Malkin or Crosby, they're going to unload their entire depth and farm.

Reactions: ThomasG

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006

For those of you that want me to make the first pitch: I won't pretend to be great at floating trade proposals, or evaluating players, or being knowledgeable of other teams' needs, but I'll toss out what "I would be comfortable with", purely as a starting point. No doubt I'll get chastized for it, but please do keep in mind, I readily admit my ignorance, and the selfishness in my offer.

-Maatta
-1OA 2018-19
-I feel like there needs to be something else here

I'm really more interested in hearing what LAK fans, Pens fans, and especially neutral fans would deem to be an appropriate swap, than I am in defending/debating my offering.

Thanks in advance to those offering thoughtful and constructive opinions and ideas!
-Tweed

You seriously feel that Maata and a 1st plus something else gets Doughty?

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
We don’t realistically have the pieces. Maybe trade Kessel and Letang then use some of those pieces for Doughty but otherwise I really doubt it.

Tweed

Jun 25, 2006
You seriously feel that Maata and a 1st plus something else gets Doughty?

Were you seriously under the impression that I seriously felt that Maatta and a 1st plus something else gets Doughty after you read:

For those of you that want me to make the first pitch: I won't pretend to be great at floating trade proposals, or evaluating players, or being knowledgeable of other teams' needs, but I'll toss out what "I would be comfortable with", purely as a starting point. No doubt I'll get chastized for it, but please do keep in mind, I readily admit my ignorance, and the selfishness in my offer.

If your offer for Drew starts with Maatta then you need to find a new starting point.

Okay. No problem. Your turn. What's the starting point?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tweed

Jun 25, 2006
Clicked on the thread expecting to see terrible proposals, but the ones based on Maatta are even funnier than I could have imagined.

It's not based on Maatta, it's based on Doughty.

Here, lemme just remove my pitch altogether. I only put something on the board as a potential talking point so the thread wouldn't get deleted for me not having something to offer.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Were you seriously under the impression that I seriously felt that Maatta and a 1st plus something else gets Doughty after you read:

So why bother proposing it, if you know it would get rejected?

I admit, I only skimmed your post.

Tweed

Jun 25, 2006
So why bother proposing it, if you know it would get rejected?

I admit, I only skimmed your post.

I only put something on the board as a potential talking point so the thread wouldn't get deleted for me not having something to offer. I've seen many threads get deleted for OPs that say little more than "Title says it all. Discuss." That's all that was, a wild-guess, a shot in the dark type thing, just to get to the educated opinions. I really didn't expect to get hammered so hard for including Maatta in the swap. I was just saying "he'd be available from me."

Reactions: Kingspiracy

Tweed

Jun 25, 2006
If LA trades Doughty we are going to want high level futures as it would signal a rebuild. Maata doesn't do anything for us. Think top prospect and a couple of firsts kind of thing +. If it doesn't hurt, you're doing it wrong :)

Sprong + '19 & '20 1st Round Picks is the only thing that we have that fits that description. Does that buy us 1 year of Doughty?

Edit: fixed 1 round pick years

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017

Edit: Doughty on his current contract, unsigned 1yr UFA.

For those of you that want me to make the first pitch: I won't pretend to be great at floating trade proposals, or evaluating players, or being knowledgeable of other teams' needs. I have no idea what 1 year of Doughty is worth to LA. Mods, please let me know if I have to field an offer in the OP, instead of deleting the thread.

-Tweed
If Doughty goes anywhere Yzerman will go get him for Sergachev and Tampa has one of the deepest prospect pools in hockey.

Reactions: Rorschach

Tweed

Jun 25, 2006
If Doughty goes anywhere Yzerman will go get him for Sergachev and Tampa has one of the deepest prospect pools in hockey.

That sounds like it makes sense to me, but it doesn't really help me answer my question, of how to get him to Pittsburgh. XD

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Sprong + '19 & '20 1st Round Picks is the only thing that we have that fits that description. Does that buy us 1 year of Doughty?

Edit: fixed 1 round pick years

Probably not, there's nothing that interesting in sprong + a couple of late 1sts. I think LA would get a better offer elsewhere

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad