News Article: Doughty "I just want to win Cups..."

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Interview (video as well) with DD, loves LA, the fans, the lifestyle, best org in sports, etc. but as we've discussed, he's likely moving on.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/doughty-potentially-leaving-kings-just-want-win-cups/

“I’d love to re-sign in L.A. But if our team isn’t going in the right direction… I want to win Cups. I don’t give a s— where I play. I just want to win Cups, and that’s the bottom line.â€

Said he felt Sutter would be fired but was surprised at DL's firing . Gave full credit to Sutter for the team's success but...

Darryl’s an awesome coach,†Doughty told Larkin. “He taught me a lot of things as well. But if there is a problem with the team, or if you had a problem with Darryl, you’d be intimidated to go knock on his door and say, ‘Hey Darryl, I don’t like this or I do’t like that.'â€

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
**** that sucks, I guess the writing is on the wall if we don't succeed...

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Yeah, they are going to have to move him. It will be awful to see him go, and hopefully we won't be shafted with the return

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
That should be the mentality of athletes at the elite level. Loyalty is great but it is also vastly overrated. You know what's not overrated? Winning.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Trade him now and get the pieces with two years left on his current deal.DD proved he isn't about being a leader on this team or the right attitude.He has always been a cry baby and immature...

member 88115

Didn't Blake asked to be traded because he wanted to play for the cup. How things come a full circle.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I'm going against the popular opinion and say he's staying. He likes being able to do his own thing without the media following him everywhere [ Phil Kessel and his hotdogs ring a bell] or the Chris Pronger thing. There's no guarantee he'll win a Cup elsewhere, look how long SJ and NYR have been chasing the Cup with stacked teams. Hell, it took Sid, what... 8 years between cups?

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Good thing we got dis team that's gonna be winning Championships left and right. :sarcasm:

IMG_6895.jpg

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
If he was a true leader, he'd be talking about taking the responsibility on his shoulders and turning this team back into a contender. In 2016 his playoff performance was a joke, especially his comments about the Sharks and having them right where they want them. Then to follow it up with a putrid, lackadaisical performance this season. The more he opens his mouth, the more I tend to think less of this dumbass.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Blake could get some great pieces for him right now.

couple of ideas from the oilers

1) Larsson 1 for 1
2) Sekera, 1st rounder and a conditional 1st if DD is on the oiler roster October 15th 2019
3) Nuge and Sekera for DD
4) Puljujarvi and a conditional 1st(if the oilers make the cup final in the next two years) and a second 1st of they win

From the Oilers only Leon D and McDavid would be off the table

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
couple of ideas from the oilers

1) Larsson 1 for 1
2) Sekera, 1st rounder and a conditional 1st if DD is on the oiler roster October 15th 2019
3) Nuge and Sekera for DD
4) Puljujarvi and a conditional 1st(if the oilers make the cup final in the next two years) and a second 1st of they win

From the Oilers only Leon D and McDavid would be off the table

If the Kings are trading Drew that means it's over. They aren't going to trade for Sekera and his contract and age. Time for youth and suckage and high picks and our precious missed friend cap space.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
If the Kings are trading Drew that means it's over. They aren't going to trade for Sekera and his contract and age. Time for youth and suckage and high picks and our precious missed friend cap space.

starting point

4--Pool party the picks and either Nurse or Benning

but if DD wont sign in Edmonton beyond his current contract--I would not offer that much because that would be a big kick to our kid core and have nothing to show for it

and if DD wants to stay in edmonton Pool Party, Yamamota and a first for DD

Last edited:

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
No drama please. Sign him now, and trade him now. It's literally going to be this every day of the season until something happens one way or another. Especially if they lose. Will he or won't he go, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
The main boards are already frothing at the mouth to acquire him, but only at the cost of spare parts.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
If he was a true leader, he'd be talking about taking the responsibility on his shoulders and turning this team back into a contender. In 2016 his playoff performance was a joke, especially his comments about the Sharks and having them right where they want them. Then to follow it up with a putrid, lackadaisical performance this season. The more he opens his mouth, the more I tend to think less of this dumbass.

Yeah, true. Disappointing.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017

Agreed 100%. He was immature when he was drafted, sucks to see he hasn't really grown and matured as a person. I've never seen him be accountable.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
The returns for Larry Murphy, Rob Blake and Paul Coffey don't give me much hope on trading Doughty. Then sprinkle in the returns for Luc and Gretzky and trading future HOFers does not work for the Kings.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2