HF Habs: Doom & Gloom: The Outlet Thread

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
This in no way is an attempt to compete with the positivity thread. Rather, I wish to offer a saf... uhm, outlet so people can air out their grievances, wishes, desires and theories on the state of the Habs.

So have at ya.

What has your jammies in a bunch? Hughes, Gorton, Bobrov, Lapointe, Molson? Maybe Chantal? Not picking Michkov?

Have at it!

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Like others, f***ing idiots who get upset at the wrong person.

The plan being to accelerate the rebuild instead of staying the course.

No problem with the Florian Xhekaj pick, but that gives you 2 prospects that are over 6' for forwards in the system and neither one projects to be more than a 4th liner.

Good players with size are hard to find, so you gotta draft some.

There's some solid players that weren't drafted, or aren't eligible that would be worth at least an AHL deal in Owen Pedersen and Mitchell Martin.

Get on it.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
Im not happy with the pick and the trade for sure for now. That may change. I wanted this team to swing for the fences and land us some potential elite talent.

That being said, thats MY criticism about management. For idiots to send death threats and other negative shit to this poor kid. In fact OUR poor kid. Is not only disgusting but doesnt help us attract talent to Montreal.

Thats it

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
People messaging a guy that was a perfectly reasonable pick at 5th OA with vitriol, including comparing him to Hitler, just because he isn't Michkov is a massive reason why this team will never be successful again.
I think the not drafting Michkov part is an even more massive reason why this club will never be successful again. Lol

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
Do many made up scenarios live in your mind? Tell us more. Are you saying if the kid had never been born the habs would have never made the playoffs again? Cripes, that’s MASSIVE!
No, I’m saying an incompetent front office that makes massively dumb drafting decisions will get nowhere. I don’t give a shit about Michkov in particular.

Reactions: amethyst

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
These idiots should have known their pick would have spark these ugly reactions. Not the first time management thinks they are smarter than everyone and draft a reach... KK, Slaf now Reinbacher... They would have the benefice of the doubt if these picks panned out or if they were winning. Well they don't and the hate toward them (not the kids) is totally justified.

This team has been run by total duches way too long...

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
No, I’m saying an incompetent front office that makes massively dumb drafting decisions will get nowhere. I don’t give a shit about Michkov in particular.
Nah you literally posted not drafting Michkov is a massive reason they will never be succesfull again. Which means you (think you) see the future. Not healthy. At least imagine a fun one.

Reactions: rve24

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
If people think this team isn't bad enough to get a shot at high end talent in the next couple of drafts, then they've got a really interesting mix of overconfidence, and doom and gloom.
The problem is not that the Habs won’t have shots at drafting in the future. The problem is it’s this same front office that will be doing the drafting.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
These idiots should have known their pick would have spark these ugly reactions. Not the first time management thinks they are smarter than everyone and draft a reach... KK, Slaf now Reinbacher... They would have the benefice of the doubt if these picks panned out or if they were winning. Well they don't and the hate toward them (not the kids) is totally justified.

I would suggest maybe a mirror? It’s their team…

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
Nah you literally posted not drafting Michkov is a massive reason they will never be succesfull again. Which means you (think you) see the future. Not healthy. At least imagine a fun one.

Twist my words in whatever way makes you feel better.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016

Ya we should have drafted Wright and Zadina.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
The harassment of an 18 years old kid just because some other kid was not drafted instead, is a whole new level that I did not expect.

Worst of all, is that I expected this might happen if they drafted Michkov, considering the war, but then just for picking the player? Like i said yesterday, no matter the outcome, there would be controversy.

The bigger the fanbase, the greater the odds of ignorant bat shit crazy fans. It's not something exclusive to Montreal and neither is it correlated to success. Yankees probably have had the highest count of crazy ignorant fans since before I was born. It's just demographics. More fans = a great number of both smart fans and crazy fans alike.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Im not happy with the pick and the trade for sure for now. That may change. I wanted this team to swing for the fences and land us some potential elite talent.

That being said, thats MY criticism about management. For idiots to send death threats and other negative shit to this poor kid. In fact OUR poor kid. Is not only disgusting but doesnt help us attract talent to Montreal.

Thats it
Wait, did people do that?

Reactions: habsfan891

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad