Doob's night off

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
For Blues game Play Kuemper, with Backs as a backup. Don't dress Doobs.

If Kuemper gets hurt we've got to get Backstrom some time, anyway.

Basically, if there is any doubt rest Doobs for both. Get him to work on his puck handling in practice, which is atrocious.

WOW and WOW

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I'm willing to risk throwing a cold goalie in out of absolute necessity over the risk of not being able to buy Backstrom out this summer.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I'm willing to risk throwing a cold goalie in out of absolute necessity over the risk of not being able to buy Backstrom out this summer.

A thousand times, this.

We cannot risk Backstrom being injured and not being able to be bought out this summer unless it's a last resort scenario. We saw how screwed we were cap-wise when Heatley got injured and couldn't be bought out.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I was wrong, Keumps going tonight

It makes complete sense to start Kuemper tonight. Worse case scenario is that we lose the game and Nashville inches closer to a division title....which is ultimately what we want now: to face Nashville instead of St Louis in round one.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
It makes complete sense to start Kuemper tonight. Worse case scenario is that we lose the game and Nashville inches closer to a division title....which is ultimately what we want now: to face Nashville instead of St Louis in round one.

Yes, yes and more yes.

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
GDT idea for tonight. Title: Missing Person Found.

Then the main pic would be a photoshopped missing person carton of Kemp's milk with Kuemper's pic on it with missing since Jan. 6th.

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
What happens if Backstrom gets injured in practice? Still can't buyout?

A buyout would suck and keeping him on the roster next year sucks too. Both have their + and -'s. Kinda like damn if you do, damn if you don't thing. Maybe we can get him on LTIR like Pronger next year.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
Would be amazing if we could somehow trade Backs. I know he has a NMC, but I think he'd consider waiving it depending on where he'd be going

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Would be amazing if we could somehow trade Backs. I know he has a NMC, but I think he'd consider waiving it depending on where he'd be going

I can't imagine any team is desperate enough to take him and his contract. Fletcher would give him away for a broken down skate sharpener. If he someone got a draft pick for Backstrom, just give Fletcher GM of the Year right then and there.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I'm not so sure we actually want to face Nashville instead of St. Louis. Remember when we wanted to face the Ducks in 2007? I seriously remember people applauding that we were facing the Ducks instead of the Canucks or Red Wings. I think we remember how that turned out.

But I suppose we'll face whoever we face, and either way we need to beat them. I hope Kuemper gives us a win tonight. And then I hope we even that out with a win against St. Louis, too.

charger66

Dec 9, 2006
mn
hits4pay.com
It would be cool to break the road win record tonight! And it woulda been crazy if dubz would have played every game all the way....especially if we go deeeeeeep. ...but oh well.....the cup is the prize afterall

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
I don't think telling the Preds we want you is a good idea. You guys remember last time we picked a fight with the Preds??? Cooke and Prosser got killed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad