Doob's night off

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
If I were Yeo, I give a game to Kuemps to get him back in the swing.

I'd also give Backs one, for his good service. He deserves it.

Dubs gets the playoffs, but at least the others will have felt a puck and the red glare on the back of their neck.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
If I were Yeo, I give a game to Kuemps to get him back in the swing.

I'd also give Backs one, for his good service. He deserves it.

Dubs gets the playoffs, but at least the others will have felt a puck and the red glare on the back of their neck.

No, he'll break something and deny us our buyout.

I'm on the fence about giving Kuemper any time at all.

Would be good for him, sure, but the guys need to get rolling back on the track still. Need to be back in peak form when the playoffs start. If they put Kuemps in net it's gonna make everyone panic a bit.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
No games for Backs. If he gets injured, no buyout.

Part of me says good point;
Sendoff gaes are nice, but it would be hostile territory anyway.

OTOH, do we want to go into a playoff series without either of our backups having played a game since January?

Dubs could just as easily get hurt playing a more or less meaningless game in the big picture.

At least give one of them a start. I like the idea of both, because the payoffs are hostile territory. I would want everybody engaged at the start of this legit quest.

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
Kuemps in Nashville makes sense. If he has an off night the worst that happens is that we are more likely to avoid the Blues in the first round. I would much rather face the Preds, which means we need them to win the division.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Kuemps in Nashville makes sense. If he has an off night the worst that happens is that we are more likely to avoid the Blues in the first round. I would much rather face the Preds, which means we need them to win the division.

This makes sense and I like the outcome.

Do not want the Blues in round one. Would rather get them in round two when they've injured themselves just as much as they injured whoever they played in round 1.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
This makes sense and I like the outcome.

Do not want the Blues in round one. Would rather get them in round two when they've injured themselves just as much as they injured whoever they played in round 1.

Hey. if you make the playoffs, you are there to beat everybody. Blues, Ducks, whoever. Gonna have to beat the best to win it all.:nod:

Don't wanna play XXXXX is a loser mentality.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
That's true, and I think we can beat the Blues, but still...

Yes, have won the last two home and road. Plus game 82 vs. St. Louis. It would be a great opener to the playoffs.

The key is to make the playoffs. The rest is on the players to win out.

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
If there was ever a meaningless regular season game that could get out of hand it is the finale against the Blues. Perhaps we should start Keumps for that one too, just to be safe.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Dubnyk NEEDS the last game of the season, I did not like how he looked after that 5 day break. Those long breaks seem to have more of an affect on goaltenders, so I'd like him to get a final game in before the playoffs.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I would reverse the order personally. Lets dubs rest one now and get a game before the playoffs
This. Let's see how Kemps does in the next game, and then give Dubs one more game for good measure before the postseason. I really think we need to see how Kemps responds. This is the only window we have where we can try him out. Sitting one game won't hurt Dubs.

Backstrom will never play another game in a Wild jersey. It's not the best way to send him off, but we can't risk losing that buyout.

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
If there was ever a meaningless regular season game that could get out of hand it is the finale against the Blues. Perhaps we should start Keumps for that one too, just to be safe.

It may not be meaningless.If Chicago loses their last 2 games and the Wild win their last 2 games they would be tied on points.I think the tiebreaker is ROW,which the Wild would win,making Chicago the wildcard team.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Okay, I changed my mind. Give Kemps the last game. Both Drewcifer and Russo have a good point.

He said he hasn’t yet thought about how he’ll handle the last two games. My guess is Darcy Kuemper plays the season finale in St. Louis, especially if you’re going to play the Blues in the first round. The last thing you want is the Blues taking runs at Dubnyk.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Give both games to Kuemper. A little rest is not going to break Dubnyk. The last two pretty much meaningless games can very well do that.

Makorov

Minnesota Wild Fan
May 22, 2014
Unknown
I agree.. no use over using Dubs...

Besides.. Backstrom has been with us for how long.. and now we put him in the corner like a doll. Yes, he hasn't done well. He was part of our problem before we got Dubs. But I mean play Kemper and Backstrom. What if Dubs gets injuried during the playoffs.. now we rely on two guys that havn't played in months..

Backstrom isn't being a too bad of an ******* about the Buyout is he..?

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
Okay, I changed my mind. Give Kemps the last game. Both Drewcifer and Russo have a good point.

I dont worry about the Blues running the goalies etc since they will be playing for a Division title on Saturday, Unless we win at Nashville and St.Louis wins tomorrow then the Division is clinched. Plus I dont like Dubnyk sitting for 7-8 days. Play Kuemper tomorrow and Dubnyk Saturday

Makorov

Minnesota Wild Fan
May 22, 2014
Unknown
I dont worry about the Blues running the goalies etc since they will be playing for a Division title on Saturday, Unless we win at Nashville and St.Louis wins tomorrow then the Division is clinched. Plus I dont like Dubnyk sitting for 7-8 days. Play Kuemper tomorrow and Dubnyk Saturday

Ugh.. I keep changing my mind... haha. But everyone who pointed out the Dubs rest for a couple days is right..

But what if ( but random chance which happens alot in Hockey) it was just a rough streak. Do we have stats that say Dubs sits out or doesn't play for 3 days and loseing streak follows? Overall this is a tricky matter.. I can't make up my mind haha

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I agree.. no use over using Dubs...

Besides.. Backstrom has been with us for how long.. and now we put him in the corner like a doll. Yes, he hasn't done well. He was part of our problem before we got Dubs. But I mean play Kemper and Backstrom. What if Dubs gets injuried during the playoffs.. now we rely on two guys that havn't played in months..

Backstrom isn't being a too bad of an ******* about the Buyout is he..?

It's not about Backstrom being a 'whatever was bleeped out in your post'. If Backstrom plays, and gets hurt, it'll cost us a very good player next year. Either we wouldn't be able to re-sign Dubnyk, or we'd have to trade someone like Spurgeon to make room, plus we'd have to carry 3 goalies on the roster all year.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
For Blues game Play Kuemper, with Backs as a backup. Don't dress Doobs.

If Kuemper gets hurt we've got to get Backstrom some time, anyway.

Basically, if there is any doubt rest Doobs for both. Get him to work on his puck handling in practice, which is atrocious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad