:nhl

[FIELDSET="Jobs"]

Head Commissioner: Donut
Assistant Commissioner: donghabs98
Assistant Commissioner: Chet Donnelly​

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Cap Information"]
  • 8 Rebuilders (temporary cap of $20m)
  • 8 Contenders (temporary cap of $17.5m)
  • Post-Protection Cap: $90,000,000
  • With CapGeek down, please use http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/ to find your cap information.
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Rules for Contenders"]
  • Contending GMs will have a temporary salary cap of $17.5m
  • Teams will post a list of players they wish to protect (granted that they stay within the $17.5m cap limit)
  • All unprotected players will be dispersed into their respective drafts
  • The goal for the contending team is to win the Stanley Cup
  • In order to qualify for the Stanley Cup, Contending GMs must trade their top 5 picks in the Young Player Draft
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Rules for Rebuilders"]
  • Rebuilding GMs will have a temporary salary cap of $20m
  • Teams will post a list of players they wish to protect (granted that they stay within the $20m cap limit)
  • All unprotected players will be dispersed into their respective drafts
  • The goal for the contending team is to win the Rebuilder Cup
  • In order to qualify for the Rebuilder Cup, Rebuilding GMs must trade trade or waive all players 25 and older.
  • NEW RULE FOR REBUILDERS: You must trade your first 3 selections in the NHL Player Draft to qualify for the Rebuilders Cup
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NHL Player Draft"]
  • This draft includes all active players from the 10 dispersed teams and all unprotected players from the 20 controlled teams
  • Every active player with more than 150 NHL games played (including playoffs) are eligible for this draft; the goalie qualification for the NHL draft if he has played more than 50 NHL games (including playoffs)
  • The draft order will be snake; determined by the reverse standings of the 2014-15 season
  • The 8 rebuilding teams will receive a pick every round
  • The 8 contending teams will receive a pick every other round after the conclusion of the fourth round
  • There will be 20 rounds of drafting; teams can opt to forfeit their remaining picks if they feel there is no one worth drafting
  • All undrafted players will hit free agency
  • Picks cannot be traded (to prevent confusion/helps the draft run smoothly)
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Young Player Draft"]
  • This draft includes all active players from the 10 dispersed teams and all unprotected players from the 20 controlled teams
  • Every active player with 150 or less NHL games player (including playoffs) are eligible for this draft
  • Players in the 2015 draft will NOT be apart of this game
  • The draft order will be snake; determined by the reverse standings of the 2014-15 season
  • Players that are eligible for this draft CANNOT be protected
  • There will be 25 rounds of drafting; teams can opt to forfeit their remaining picks if they feel there is no one worth drafting
  • Only the 8 contending GMs will receive picks
  • All undrafted players will flee to the KHL
  • Picks cannot be traded (to prevent confusion/helps the draft run smoothly)
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Trades"]
  • Trades do not have to be sent in
  • There are no NTC/NMC's in this game
  • If a deal seems too lopsided, the league holds the right to veto the deal
  • If a deal is vetoed, the two GMs will have 12 hours to renegotiate the trade
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Additional Rules (added on)"]
  • The Salary Cap for Contenders is now $90,000,000
  • There is a new criteria that Rebuilding GMs must meet on top of the original rule: You must trade your first 3 selections in the NHL Player Draft to qualify for the Rebuilders Cup
  • All undrafted players will hit Free Agency instead of running away to the KHL (this is to ensure every team has enough players
  • The final roster for a CONTENDER is 20 players + 5 extra/bench players
  • The final roster for a REBUILDER is 20 players + 12 extra/bench players
[/FIELDSET]

1) Teams will be randomized to a GM after the conclusion of Ny's game and when we get 20 GMs on board.
2) Please PM me if you would like to be a rebuilder or contender.
(Due to the past few games having some bizarre deals and inactive GMs, you will be placed on a shortlist if you fall under these concerns)

3) DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD - if you have any questions, PM me

[FIELDSET="Distribution of Teams"]
Dispersed Teams

Nashville Predators
Anaheim Ducks
Chicago Blackhawks
Tampa Bay Lightning
Boston Bruins
Pittsburgh Penguins
Montreal Canadiens
St. Louis Blues
Washington Capitals
Los Angeles Kings
Minnesota Wild
Philadelphis Flyers
San Jose Sharks
New York Rangers

Contending Teams

Florida Panthers
Ottawa Senators
Columbus Blue Jackets
New Jersey Devils
Arizona Coyotes
Carolina Hurricanes
Buffalo Sabres
Edmonton Oilers

Rebuilding Teams

New York Islanders
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Toronto Maple Leafs
Colorado Avalanche
Dallas Stars
Vancouver Canucks
Calgary Flames
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="GM List"]
Contending GMs
  • Donut - Florida Panthers
  • boltsfan/How Ya Drouin - Edmonton Oilers
  • xxOPPNOOBZxx - Buffalo Sabres
  • Chet Donnelly - New Jersey Devils
  • jagrpens90 - Ottawa Senators
  • showjaxx - Carolina Hurricanes
  • Hockeyforever10 - Arizona Coyotes
  • The General - Columbus Blue Jackets

Rebuilding GMs
  • Dabeast - Winnipeg Jets
  • playtowin - Colorado Avalanche
  • donghabs98 - Calgary Flames
  • JayP812 - Vancouver Canucks
  • trick9 - New York Islanders
  • Pucker77 - Detroit Red Wings
  • Ronaldo - Toronto Maple Leafs
  • VanIslander - Dallas Stars
[/FIELDSET]​

Last edited:

donut

Sep 5, 2012
[FIELDSET="GM List"]
Contending GMs

• Donut - :panthers
  • boltsfan/How Ya Drouin - :edmonton
  • xxOPPNOOBZxx - :sabres
  • Chet Donnelly - :devils
  • jagrpens90 - :sens
  • showjaxx - :canes
  • Hockeyforever10 - :coyotes
  • The General - :cbj

Rebuilding GMs

• Dabeast - :jets
  • playtowin - :avs
  • donghabs98 - :flames
  • JayP812 - :nucks
  • trick9 - :isles
  • Pucker77 - :wings
  • Ronaldo - :leafs
  • VanIslander - :stars
[/FIELDSET]

Screenshots available upon request.

Last edited:

donut

Sep 5, 2012
FOR CLARIFICATION/THE RULES IN SIMPLE FORM:
1) You pick if you want to rebuild or contend
2) When the game starts, you will be ASSIGNED a team (stop requesting a team people)
3) You protect players on the team you get assigned as long as you don't go over your temporary cap
4) After all players are protected, the drafts will start
5) Trading will open after the conclusion of both drafts
6) Trade deadline will be determined at a later date, voting will follow after that

*** You will NOT be allowed to trade until your roster post is fully updated and the cap-hit for all players are posted ***

Last edited:

donut

Sep 5, 2012
For the sake of the game and due to the lack of sign-up with school and work going on, I have decided to cap the league at 16 GMs and send NYR, SJS, MIN and PHI to the list of teams getting dispersed.

RESULTS FOR THE RANDOMIZATION WILL BE POSTED IN POST #2 OF THIS THREAD

donut

Sep 5, 2012
For those who didn't notice, I flipped the order for the teams -- it is updated now. Please post your protected players in the protected players thread. That thread will be your roster thread for the duration of the game.

That thread being the protection thread *coughcoughOPcough*

donut

Sep 5, 2012
looking to wheel and deal

Wheeling and dealing doesn't happen until after the conclusion of both drafts (as stated in the rules) and please refrain from starting discussion in threads outside of the discussion thread.

The roster thread is for roster purposes, hence the name :laugh:

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
A couple of questions:

1. When will the drafts start? (11 of 16 have posted on the roster thread, hopefully the others will soon)
2. What will the time windows be?
3. "Players under 25" defined as of.... start of 2014/2015 season? Dec 31, 2014? the day we acquire the guy? the end of this game? which?

donut

Sep 5, 2012
A couple of questions:

1. When will the drafts start? (11 of 16 have posted on the roster thread, hopefully the others will soon)
2. What will the time windows be?
3. "Players under 25" defined as of.... start of 2014/2015 season? Dec 31, 2014? the day we acquire the guy? the end of this game? which?

1) The draft thread will be posted once all 16 GMs post their protected players. The clock will not start until the day following I post the draft thread but GMs will be allowed to post their picks prior to the start of the clock.
2) The clock will be 1 hour for the first 4 rounds, 30 minutes for the 11 rounds following that and 15 minutes for the remaining rounds.
3) Players under 25 as of December 31st, 2014. For the 150 games policy (and 50 games for goalies), the cut off date is January 14th, 2015.

donut

Sep 5, 2012
:nhl UPDATE

1) donghabs98, BoldNewLettuce and Hockeyforever10 are the 3 remaining GMs who haven't protected their players.

2) There have been a few additions/edits to the OP:
  • The Salary Cap for Contenders is now $90,000,000
  • There is a new criteria that Rebuilding GMs must meet on top of the original rule: You must trade your first 3 selections in the NHL Player Draft to qualify for the Rebuilders Cup
  • All undrafted players will hit Free Agency instead of running away to the KHL (this is to ensure every team has enough players
  • The final roster for a CONTENDER is 20 players + 5 extra/bench players
  • The final roster for a REBUILDER is 20 players + 12 extra/bench players

3) The league apologizes for the number of rules in this game but we are trying to ensure that this game stays fair, active and that there will be a lot of trading throughout.

MrClutch86

Aug 23, 2013
Tampa
The first THREE picks???

Uh... Yeah.

I'll manage as best I can, but it I'd rather contend under the present UPDATED set of rules (to date).

Either way, no prob. I just now have a preference.

the point of a vet draft is to get veterans
to trade so the market doesn't suck

we made this rule because of this exact reason
test yourself
i'll trade with you bro

MrClutch86

Aug 23, 2013
Tampa
:help: .... :dunno:

Are you Boltsfan (& How Ya Drouin) trading your contender spot for a rebuilder spot? Or,... are you saying you will maybe trade in the future some guys you have for some guys I have (a hollow promise).

Which one is it?

oh no but i'll be happy to trade my fourth line scrubs for your fourth line scrubs later :)

donut

Sep 5, 2012
So I'm looking for someone to replace BNL now since he just told me he doesn't have time for this and possibly a replacement for hockeyforever10 if he doesn't respond soon

donut

Sep 5, 2012
So I'm looking for someone to replace BNL now since he just told me he doesn't have time for this and possibly a replacement for hockeyforever10 if he doesn't respond soon

Showjaxx has agreed to replace BNL and take over the Carolina Hurricanes :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad