Donut's Dispersal Game v.2.0 - Signup + Discussion Thread

donut

Sep 5, 2012
:nhl

Donut's Dispersal Game v.2.0 - Signup + Discussion Thread

I’m looking for 12-16 active GMs. If you have shown any sort of inactivity in the past couple of games, don’t even bother asking for a team. Please PM me the top 3 teams you wish to manage.

The top 8 teams (on paper) are automatically placed in the dispersal draft. The remaining 22 teams will be made available for GMs to choose from. After the 12-16 GMs have chosen the team they’re going to manage, the unpicked teams will be put into the dispersal draft.

The draft will be 10 rounds; snake. The order of the draft will be determined by the reverse standings. Teams can opt to forfeit their picks starting round 6. Trading will not open until after the draft (that includes trading picks). All remaining players will be placed into free agency.

The game will start after the conclusion of donghabs98's game. The Official OP will be posted shortly.

[fieldset="Jobs"][/fieldset]

[fieldset="League Schedule"]
  • Game Start:
  • Trading Deadline:
  • Standings Voting:
  • 2015 Entry Draft:
  • Rebuilder Playoffs
  • Stanley Cup Finals:
All times are EST/PST and are subject to change
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Salary Cap"]
  • Salary Cap: $90,000,000 (there is no cap-floor)
  • To prevent one team from claiming everyone waived, teams can only exceed the Salary Cap by $15,000,000 during the season
  • All teams MUST be under the cap by the end of trade deadline day
  • Cap checks will happen randomly throughout the game so make sure you are under. There will be a punishment given if you go over the cap come the Trade Deadline.
  • Use CAPGEEK ARCHIVE to help calculate your cap
[/fieldset]

[FIELDSET="Dispersal Draft"]
  • The dispersal draft will consist of 10 rounds
  • You will not be allowed to pick until you post your logo/roster in the roster thread
  • The draft clock will run from 3PM-12AM EST (12PM-9PM PST). During this time you will have the designated time, starting from the time the pick prior to yours was posted, to make your selection. Picks can still be made after the clock is frozen.
  • GMs are expected to PM the commissioner (me) a proxy list if they think they will not be here at the time of their pick. Proxy list are encouraged regardless, just in-case something comes up and you can't make your pick in time. (Proxy list will not be opened until your pick and will stay confidential).
  • GMs who fail to make their selection within their time-frame will be skipped. If the GM does not come on to make their next pick after the first skipped pick, they will be autoed-skipped.
  • Teams can opt out of their remaining picks at the start of Round 6
  • Once your pick has passed, please take ten seconds of your time to PM the next GM and let them know they they are up.

• Round 1 - 2: 1 hours/pick
  • Round 3 - 10: 30 minutes/pick
[/FIELDSET]

[fieldset="Waivers"]
  • If you'd like to place a player on waivers, post in this thread along with the player's contract information.
  • To save time and avoid confusion and complications, waivers will be "first come, first serve". Whoever puts in a claim first will get the player.
  • If you claim a player and he puts you over the cap, it will be vetoed and the said player will be put back on the waiver wire.
  • Teams will have 12 hours to claim a player off the wire before he clears.
  • GMs can only claim 3 players off waivers at a time (for example claiming 6 players at once will not count)
  • If a player clears, his cap will be off the books
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Trades"]
  • Trades don't need to be sent in.
    [*] Teams cannot trade until they update their roster post with the players they drafted
  • The league has the right to reject any trade within 24 hours of it being posted.
  • When a deal is deemed too lopsided or one sided the deal will be put on hold. The GMs involved in the deal will be asked to revise it. After which the league will hold a meeting with the GMs involved and will approve or deny the change. The role of the league office is not to make the deal fair but to make it less one sided.
  • Any trade deemed suspicious by the league will be vetoed.
  • 3 way trades must include a breakdown on the trade.
  • Keep in mind that any deal the League thinks is outrageous can and will be vetoed, so don't pull anything stupid.
  • If a deal is vetoed, you won't be able to make the exact deal again.
  • You may only retain a max of 50% of a player's cap
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Agents"]
  • UFA Agents - TBA
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Free Agency"]
  • All undrafted players will go to Free Agency
  • Teams cannot trade players they sign
  • Teams cannot waive players they sign
  • Term will not matter for FAs, the most money offered will win the player
  • Please send all offers in one PM to keep things simple
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Other Rules"]
  • Inactivity will not be accepted. If you have just one post in the thread one day before the deadline, you will be fired.
  • You MUST keep your roster and Trading block Update
  • Posting in the thread doesn't necissarily mean you will get the job you wanted. Post the team you want and the job you want and I will determine who gets the jobs.
  • If it's proven that you have not kept your roster updated through out the game
  • Not keeping your roster updated is considered a sign of inactivity and if your roster is found to be significantly out of date then you will be fired .
  • If you are not active for longer then 36 hours without giving notice you will risk being fired
  • If a player is out for the season due to injury, he can't be added to your roster and won't count against your cap. If he's injured but not expected to be out for the rest of the season, he's in play and still counts.
  • If you have any questions regarding the game or how it works, feel free to ask me.
[/fieldset]

[FIELDSET="Teams in the Dispersal Draft"]

Anaheim Ducks
Chicago Blackhawks
St Louis Blues
Tampa Bay Lightning
Vancouver Canucks
Los Angeles Kings
Pittsburgh Penguins
Boston Bruins
Columbus Blue Jackets
Philidephia Flyers
New Jersey Devils
New York Islanders
Carolina Hurricanes
Buffalo Sabres
Florida Panthers
Ottawa Senators
Arizona Coyotes
Calgary Flames

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="GM List"]

Minnesota Wild - donut
Dallas Stars - LatvianTwist
Nashville Predators - xxOPPNOOBZxx
Washington Capitals - VanIslander
Toronto Maple Leafs - Dabeast
San Jose Sharks - trick9
Detroit Red Wings - Cucumber
Edmonton Oilers - OnTheBrink
New York Rangers - donghabs98
Montreal Canadiens - Boltsfan9175
Colorado Avalanche - Ronaldo
Winnipeg Jets - NH57

[/FIELDSET]

***TRADING DOES NOT OPEN UNTIL AFTER THE DISPERSAL DRAFT***

Last edited:

donut

Sep 5, 2012

News about the Draft

For teams that own picks that were originally property of a dispersed team, you will be compensated with a selection at the end of that round based on the IRL reverse standings. If the team you are managing has traded away their pick then you will not have that pick (duh).

There will be 3 rounds for the 2015 entry draft.

donut

Sep 5, 2012

Teams will be announced tomorrow afternoon. I'll most likely cap this game at 12 unless there is an overwhelming amount of people wanting to join from now till tomorrow afternoon. The full OP will be posted in the afternoon as well.

The dispersal draft thread will be posted tomorrow night with the clock starting on Wednesday.

Last edited by a moderator:

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
we're using point% to deem the draft order, right?

also who selected these teams I'm arguably the biggest Nucks homer on this forum but not even I could see how you could suggest that their roster has more value than the Preds or Rangers.

donut

Sep 5, 2012
I'll be using the reverse standings based off tonight.

Teams were determined by myself. Yes the Preds are the top team in the league and the Rangers made a couple of nice additions during the deadline but from a GM Game perspective, both teams have a handful of holes to fill before we can consider them a top tier cup winning team. NSH is still a relatively young team with a lot of inexperience. It was close between whether VAN or NYR get automatically dispersed but because VAN has similar holes but a better future, I elected to go with them.

When deciding the teams I took into account playoff/cup wins, current roster and future young guns. I don't see NSH and NYR having an edge over the other teams.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
I don't see the Canucks and Rangers similar at all, New York is clearly better it my books, to a degree where it isn't that close. Same could be said about the Sharks, they have better pieces than the Canucks. This is a team that made it the finals last year with Rick Nash being trash, Nash has turned into a top 5 winger in the league and they've gone out and picked up an elite #2 d-man. Breakdown the Canucks and Rangers roster in terms of valuable pieces, let's just look at the comparison of the teams most valuable pieces.

Lundqvist > Henrik
McDonagh > Daniel
Nash >> Edler
Stepan = Horvat
Yandle = Hamhuis
Kreider = Virtanen
MSL > Vrbata
Brassard < Tanev
Kreider > Bonino
Staal = Miller
Miller = Kassian

The rest of the players don't really matter in these games guys like Burrows, Higgins, Bieksa are all great for the depth they bring to us but they are nothing more than marginal parts in these games. Rangers are clearly superior.

let's breakdown Nashville and Vancouver

Weber >> Sedin
Rinne > Sedin
Josi > Edler
Jones > Horvat
Forsberg > Hamhuis
Neal = Virtanen
Ellis < Tanev
Ribeiro = Vrbata

Again Nashville has a much better core group, while Vancouver has better marginal pieces who hold little value in this game

Vancouver vs Detroit

Zetterberg = H.Sedin
Datsyuk > Daniel
Krownwall = Edler
Nyquist = Horvat
Mantha = Virtanen
Tatar = Hamhuis
Mantha = Tanev
Larkin > Vrbata
Dekeyser = McCann
Sheehaan = Bonino

Wings are better and I was being a large homer in my rankings

Mon

Price > Sedin
Subban > Sedin
Galchenyuk > Horvat
Pacioretty > Edler
Pleks < Virtanen
Markov = Hamhuis
Gallagher = Tanev

Montreal has much more top end talent Vancouver has better depth.

In terms of pure value, Vancouver's roster is not close to top 8 IMO, you could make a legit argument for the Caps, Wild and Sharks too but I'm too lazy for that.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
as for using reverse standings, that's disengenous all teams haven't played an equal amount of games. For instance Ottawa has 1 less point than Colorado but has 3 games in hand, logic suggests the Sens are likely to make up that 1 point gap within those 3 games.

donut

Sep 5, 2012
I'm not going to get into an argument about this. I already assigned teams and notified some GMs who they are going to manage. Sure Vancouver is not a top 8 team in the NHL but from a GM Game perspective I see them as an easier team to manage/win with. Like I said, the last spot I had it down between NYR or VAN and I gave it to Vancouver cause of their future compared to the Rangers.

And for the standings, there will be flaws in the system; it's inevitable.

If you have a problem with the game then don't play. Plan and simple.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
The flaws are so easy to fix, using point% gives us a better indication of well a team is playing. For instance it's not Ottawa's fault that they've played 3 games less than Colorado, at the end of the year every team has played the same amount of games, in this game they haven't so it's only far to evaluate the games they've played in.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I'll agree with K2B on the points percentage - it's not hard to do at all and would make for a fairer assessment of rank.

The team choices may not have been the best, but it's too late to go back and change that. They certainly aren't bad picks, though.

donut

Sep 5, 2012
The flaws are so easy to fix, using point% gives us a better indication of well a team is playing. For instance it's not Ottawa's fault that they've played 3 games less than Colorado, at the end of the year every team has played the same amount of games, in this game they haven't so it's only far to evaluate the games they've played in.

I'll agree with K2B on the points percentage - it's not hard to do at all and would make for a fairer assessment of rank.

The team choices may not have been the best, but it's too late to go back and change that. They certainly aren't bad picks, though.

I hope you two realize that even if I took the points percentage there is no change to the standings for the draft? IE. A team like Ottawa is going to be dispersed so the lack of games played will not affect the standing.

Hope everyone can sleep better at night now that that's out of the way :laugh:

donut

Sep 5, 2012
BTW I screwed up the clock and switched EST/PST...

THE CLOCK IS 3PM-12AM EST (12PM-9PM PST)

>> Which means the clock starts in less a little less than 20 minutes

Last edited:

donut

Sep 5, 2012
:nhl REPLACEMENT NEEDED

Boltsfan9175 in unable to manage :habs so I'm looking for a replacement.

Until a replacement is found, I will be autoing-drafting for MTL at the end of every other round (end of round 2, 4, 6, etc).

donut

Sep 5, 2012
:nhl REPLACEMENT NEEDED

Boltsfan9175 in unable to manage :habs so I'm looking for a replacement.

Until a replacement is found, I will be autoing-drafting for MTL at the end of every other round (end of round 2, 4, 6, etc).

GREAT NEWS! SJSharks39 has agreed to take over the Montreal Canadiens. :handclap:

At this time I'd also like to announce that xxOPPNOOBZxx and donghabs98 will join the front office with making important decisions for the game.

donut

Sep 5, 2012
:wild most likely going to contend

On The Block

Jonathan Drouin
Nino Niederreiter
Mikael Granlund
Charlie Coyle
Erik Haula
Jason Zucker
Alex Tuch
Mario Lucia
Matthew Dumba
Gustav Olofsson
Christian Folin

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Montreal is looking to rebuild. Basically everyone available except Galchenyuk, Reinhart, Boedker, De La Rose, and Beaulieu. Notables on the block are Carey Price and Max Paciorrety along with PK Subban

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
:stars

Open to any kind of deal. We've got an elite core of prime NHLers, but a great young prospect group as well.

Shoot me offers on anyone from Malkin to Backman. Dmitry Sinitsyn is our only untouchable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad