Speculation: Don't look now, Hawks 2 points from the 5th place in the lottery

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I think I'll just respond that way to your posts from now on. Each one is more comical than the last.

Always remember. #NoImprovements
.500 hockey >>>> .409 hockey. better offensively, worse defensively , better roster. how you continue to turn your nose up is something special. joki and sikura have not improved under JC while gus has blossomed and murphy looks a bit better....ups and downs doesnt equal improvement when you end up down.. you seem to forget im a fan of the blackhawks sometimes. i hope they do good.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I suppose some folks just don't want to acknowledge that Blackhawks put JC in an impossible situation. There are a few things about the new HC that I don't like, mainly some of the roster choices but at the very least he deserves to start a season fresh.

Eh... it's not even that they don't want to acknowledge it. They just can't understand it.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I suppose some folks just don't want to acknowledge that Blackhawks put JC in an impossible situation. There are a few things about the new HC that I don't like, mainly some of the roster choices but at the very least he deserves to start a season fresh.
Hitchcock turned to shit getting thrusted mid season into that mess, JC had to deal with changing systems and personnel around as well. Berube was there all year as an Asst, easier for him to do what he needed to do and Gordon has been bailed out by Hart who carried that team on his back in net.. JC was done no favors by what went down for sure.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Eh... it's not even that they don't want to acknowledge it. They just can't understand it.
because its not an impossible situation...its a bad situation cuz the roster stunk and theres a transition in coaching systems. this happens every year to multiple teams. this is a valid excuse for JC but then has to be put on Stans head. his situation now is hes got a better roster then q had.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Hitchcock turned to **** getting thrusted mid season into that mess, JC had to deal with changing systems and personnel around as well. Berube was there all year as an Asst, easier for him to do what he needed to do and Gordon has been bailed out by Hart who carried that team on his back in net.. JC was done no favors by what went down for sure.
i agree...its not easy its not impossible. thats not on Q thats not on JC.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
because its not an impossible situation...its a bad situation cuz the roster stunk and theres a transition in coaching systems. this happens every year to multiple teams. this is a valid excuse for JC but then has to be put on Stans head. his situation now is hes got a better roster then q had.

Actually, it doesn't happen that often. Coaches in hockey don't frequently get shit-canned in the middle of the season... and the reasons why have been outlined for you numerous times, so I won't bother going into any of it again.

Keep thinking that Q would have been fine with this team, though. Hell, half this team probably isn't playing under Q. They'd be in Rockford. :laugh:

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Actually, it doesn't happen that often. Coaches in hockey don't frequently get ****-canned in the middle of the season... and the reasons why have been outlined for you numerous times, so I won't bother going into any of it again.

Keep thinking that Q would have been fine with this team, though. Hell, half this team probably isn't playing under Q. :laugh:

im not even sure what you are saying because its just babble...Q would be right about where JC is bottom 25% of the league because the roster stunk. its still not good but getting better. JC should win more games with a better roster and i hope he does. Stan put this team is multiple binds. Roster construction and plugged a coach in mid season. I believe roster construction is the main issue from the start. Hes been trying to correct it all year.

I dont understand how you dont think Q would have been just about exactly where we are at....they are like on the same exact pace as last year (2points better). the teams roster was the same or worse last year especially with toews off season and progression.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
i agree...its not easy its not impossible. thats not on Q thats not on JC.
for the record, we did Q no favors and JC no favors...which is why some of us felt Q needed to be fired in the offseason,, but if they needed to wait and see if JC "could" be our guy, I guess it makes sense since they wanted him to get some AHL seasoning as a coach while they gave Q that last chance to make or break it.

Malagahawks

We tanked hard and got Bedard!! Happy Days!!
Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain
Bringing the tank back since we just couldn't get it done. We needed 4 points from these last 3 games and only got 1. Absolutely pathetic but oh well this team has been absolute roller coaster all season. Don't know what to think anymore. Seems like they have all hit a brick wall.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015

He's a handpick Bowman guy. Regardless of what happens next year, he'll have job security long as Bowman is employed.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
We won three cups.
Kane and Toews are showing they still have the jam.
Debrincat and Strome are for real.
Some very good D coming up soon enough.
Some very good depth forwards ( Entwistle, Barrett etc ) coming up too.
Will land perhaps another top 8 ish pick this draft.
JC with a full season and training camp will settle in just fine.
Lots to be positive about.
I say we make the playoffs next season.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
We won three cups.
this is a positive look at what i never thought would be a hopeful off season. my reasoning is comparing how this team was playing in the first part of the season.

ref the bold, i am in total agreement. but it will be more of an urgent call for it. the age timeline and salary cap comes into the discussion.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

They absolutely did.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
We won three cups.
Completely agree. Lose the remaining games in the season because I don't think we'll be drafting this high again for a long time. Pickup an impact forward in the draft and usher in the new dynasty.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
minny in full collapse, arizona cant win a game, colorado without 2 of the top 3 players on there team. This game tonight could mean something...

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I hate when people say what Boden is saying. When people are referring to a "tank" they don't mean the players are part of that. No one expects players to lose or do badly on purpose. Drives me ****ing crazy when media people pander to that nonsense. That's not what people mean by that.

Is he implying the players would stop trying?

I think he’s just calling out the fans that wanted the team to lose. I don’t know, maybe I’m reading it wrong.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Hawks need to not just win but lay a beat down on them tonight, that way you make the Yotes angry and they go into Colorado and win that game... Let’s do this I am so pumped, if I was a drinker I would say I have my 12 pack ready for the game but I don’t so I have my phone ready and my internet should be good to go and that’s all I need...

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Is he implying the players would stop trying?

I think he’s just calling out the fans that wanted the team to lose. I don’t know, maybe I’m reading it wrong.

He said "it's not in their DNA", "fire still burns", referring to the players and, to me, insinuating that people were expecting the players to lose. No one ever expects that of the players. No one with a working brain, anyway.

I took it as him saying that fans who wanted a "tank" expected the players to tank on purpose and that's a narrative that gets pushed a lot in all sports where this is a thing.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
He said "it's not in their DNA", "fire still burns", referring to the players and, to me, insinuating that people were expecting the players to lose. No one ever expects that of the players. No one with a working brain, anyway.

I took it as him saying that fans who wanted a "tank" expected the players to tank on purpose and that's a narrative that gets pushed a lot in all sports where this is a thing.

I took it as he meant this team is going to win because of those guys, regardless of some fans hoping for losses to happen organically. I don’t know though

I guess the real pro-tank crew here can give us insight on whether they hope they lose organically, or they hope they players actively lose games. I’d imagine it’s the former as it’s irrational to think people expect pros to purposely lay down.

Reactions: Blue Liner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad