Speculation: Don't look now, Hawks 2 points from the 5th place in the lottery

coolhand

Jan 20, 2016
Streamwood, IL
That would cost an arm and a leg as a rental. Our best hope would be Crow returning to form versus spending prospect and draft assets to land Bob.
Not sure about Crow at this point. And I think Bob or Panarin would cost the same. The Hawks with a stud in goal would be a force in the playoffs.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Why not try to make a deal for Bobrovsky? The Hawks can score. They need a stud in goal and on the blue line.

We do need a stud in goal with this play style but we can’t do anything until Crawford’s contract is off the books. So while he’s here, just need to hope for a big comeback from Crow.

Reactions: AmericanDream

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Not sure about Crow at this point. And I think Bob or Panarin would cost the same. The Hawks with a stud in goal would be a force in the playoffs.

Surprise runs happen, but I don't think anyone would remotely suggest that we're a Bob away from being favorites. And if we want Bob or Panarin, they're both free agents in a few months, so why spend assets now if we want to bid on them instead in the offseason?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Kind of my thinking, as well.
imagine we pick 15th overall...we go to a team picking 8th, 9th or 10th - that is probably a team that needs some depth, just missed the playoffs and might be looking for more quantity - we offer our 15th overall and say Beaudin to move up...I am not sure many teams in that spot would say NO...if we have a kid to target at that spot that we feel will not be there at pick 15 and will be an impact player...I am cool making a move like that, and maybe we get a 3rd tossed back our way as well to even out the value...but people saying we will miss out on an impact player aren't thinking about trading up, it happens a lot and we are in a very good position to be able to do that...

coolhand

Jan 20, 2016
Streamwood, IL
Surprise runs happen, but I don't think anyone would remotely suggest that we're a Bob away from being favorites. And if we want Bob or Panarin, they're both free agents in a few months, so why spend assets now if we want to bid on them instead in the offseason?
Not just a Bob in goal, d men also. But I think a goalie is more of a need than a goal scorer at this point. We don't know how Crow will return, if he can be elite again or not. We have the kids coming up on D but they take time to mature.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Not to mention Bob has sucked in the playoffs too.

I don't want any rental, but if I did it wouldn't be Bob.

Last edited:

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Q had this team playing the soft game for years. Old habits die hard, and JC is living it.

Meh this team has pretty much completely changed the past two years With only Toews, Kane, Keith, Seabrook, Kruger sticking around. This team is soft because the players are just soft not because of Q.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Meh this team has pretty much completely changed the past two years With only Toews, Kane, Keith, Seabrook, Kruger sticking around. This team is soft because the players are just soft not because of Q.
No, it's because of Stan but Q seemed perfectly happy with "good stick" hockey.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Why not try to make a deal for Bobrovsky? The Hawks can score. They need a stud in goal and on the blue line.

Because Bobrovsky is the furthest thing from a stud in goal. He's got something awful like a 3.9 GAA and a .89SV% in the postseason. No thank you

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Because Bobrovsky is the furthest thing from a stud in goal. He's got something awful like a 3.9 GAA and a .89SV% in the postseason. No thank you

Have you watched Bob play this season or just looking at his numbers? I haven't seen him a lot myself but recently I've caught a few games and he has looked real good. Elite in fact.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Have you watched Bob play this season or just looking at his numbers? I haven't seen him a lot myself but recently I've caught a few games and he has looked real good. Elite in fact.

He usually looks elite in the regular season. I've seen more than half of his playoff games in Cbus and I've seen him look absolutely awful.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
imagine we pick 15th overall...we go to a team picking 8th, 9th or 10th - that is probably a team that needs some depth, just missed the playoffs and might be looking for more quantity - we offer our 15th overall and say Beaudin to move up...I am not sure many teams in that spot would say NO...if we have a kid to target at that spot that we feel will not be there at pick 15 and will be an impact player...I am cool making a move like that, and maybe we get a 3rd tossed back our way as well to even out the value...but people saying we will miss out on an impact player aren't thinking about trading up, it happens a lot and we are in a very good position to be able to do that...
Unless Turcotte is available there's no way I'd trade Beaudin to move up. Just stay at 15 and get Pelletier.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Unless Turcotte is available there's no way I'd trade Beaudin to move up. Just stay at 15 and get Pelletier.
Pelletier is not a top 15 pick for me....if you can move up and land an elite player, I make that move or something close to it as if Kelley has a target in mind you go get him.

and don't take my offer as serious, just giving an example for those crying about not getting a top 10 pick..just because we make the playoffs doesn't mean we can't move up, we have the options.

Last edited:

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
@Kevin Musto get your tissue ready, Strome is on NHL Now right now!!!!!
tenor.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad