Post-Game Talk: Don't call it a comeback: Pens-5, Sens-3

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
If Bennett could be healthy and playing like he was and Hornqvist could move to the LW, could you imagine how happy we'd be with the wingers?

Instead Kunitz is the ****ing crown jewel of the org, Rust is hurt, Bennett can't stay healthy, Sheary is hurt and Wilson is out.

We don't need to wait for miracle answers though. Get Kunitz off the line, and the best of Sheary or Bennett on the LW gets it.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Last year, the Penguins played Ottawa. It was the third to last game of the season. If they won the game, they clinched.

The Pens went up 3-0 in the first. Then they blew it and lost in OT.

This year, the Penguins played Ottawa in the third to last game. They already clinched a playoff spot. They went down 3-0 early then scored 5 straight to win the game.

What a difference a year makes.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Pens win.

Complain about Kunitz getting a puck from behind waiting for it to catch up with two Ottawa players closing on him quickly. Basically shooting it as it got there in the nick of time. He didn't even get to look at the net.

Some people have issues.

The people who defend him t this point have issues. He just flat-out can't play hockey anymore. OR he doesn't try hard enough, which is even worse.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
2 months ago, I was fine with just making the playoffs and having a respectable showing in a first round loss. Now, my expectations are built up to the point that I don't even want to say/write what I think this team could do.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
hard to believe it now, but at +43 the Pens are #2 in the NHL in goal differential.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
We don't need to wait for miracle answers though. Get Kunitz off the line, and the best of Sheary or Bennett on the LW gets it.

Clearly they don't need a miracle answer, they need common sense and for Bennett (we'll see what happened to Sheary) to stay in one piece. That was kind of my point. We're so close to something that would make everyone very happy and it's not going to happen because Chris has a dazzling smile.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Clearly they don't need a miracle answer, they need common sense and for Bennett (we'll see what happened to Sheary) to stay in one piece. That was kind of my point. We're so close to something that would make everyone very happy and it's not going to happen because Chris has a dazzling smile.

Gotcha, misread that there. :)

Crosby looks like a different player with Sheary and Bennett, of all combos, and it ain't because Hornqvist isn't pulling his weight. How the org fails to see this stuns me.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Do you want the Islanders or Rangers in the first round? I think the Pens could handle either but I think the Rangers are a safer bet. Outside of Lundqvist they have a very weak and battered lineup this season.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
Hope Sheary's OK.

With him gone, there's about 0% chance anything gets done about the Kunitz problem even if Sullivan suddenly had a common-sense revelation about him.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Dan Girardi helped off the ice with a shoulder/collarbone injury it seemed. Huge if he is out.

to this game, I keep forgetting we will be getting Maatta back soon as well. unbelievable heart with this team.

Its actually bad if hes out....for us, hes awful and plays on the top pair. One of the worst dmen in the NHL.

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
1) Have a bad feeling the first line is going to get shut down hard once the playoffs start barring a line shuffle. They never seem to have a game where it just seems to come easy for them compared to the second line, where every once in a while they'll just overwhelm the opponent for a shift and score. Worrisome.

2) Would really prefer they lose against the flyers in that last game if it's the difference between them making it over detroit and facing the capitals or not. Detroit would be the softest series washington can hope for out of the teams vying for that second wild card. Much rather see them have to deal with the flyers' dirty antics that might have lasting implications beyond the first round than detroit bending over and taking it in a quick and easy series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad