Player Discussion Donald Brashear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Someone said on the main board his friend just had opened that Tim Hortons up and he said he would help out to create publicity for it. I’m a little more inclined to believe that story to be honest.
His friend kinda sucks at creating publicity then.

“He’s an employee, that’s all. We have just started, he is here to help me,” Sévigny told the Journal. “We’ll take it one day at a time.”

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The reality is that we’re only now starting to see the impact of the enforcer culture that existed between the late 70s through the 2000s.

We don’t really have a good benchmark prior to that time period, and we won’t know how the 2010s and beyond will look for another 20 years or so.

Now having said that, I think we also have to take into account some of the circumstances surrounding the enforcers who have passed.

Some of them battled some serious drug problems or had significant issues away from the rink. Those seem to be the names that are popping up the most. Additionally, we don’t know the true percentage of enforcers who have or will develop problems as a result of their role in the NHL.

There are likely many non-enforcers who actually took as much, or maybe even more punishment as a result of the amount of time they played and the punishment they received.

But this is all something that deserves serious monitoring and evaluating.

FWIW I think the NHL trying to walk away from these former players and the issues they have from playing the game--that the NHL at one time marketed and promoted is shameful. I don't think a lot of us understood the damage that was being done to numerous lives at the time but it's more than apparent now and has been for a long while. The NHL needs to stand up and take responsibility and really try to help instead of bogging the process down with denials about their own culpability.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
His friend kinda sucks at creating publicity then.

“He’s an employee, that’s all. We have just started, he is here to help me,” Sévigny told the Journal. “We’ll take it one day at a time.”
I mean the whole hockey world is talking about his Tim Horton's, so I say he did a pretty good job getting some pretty amazing free advertising :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad