Donald Brashear Cheap Shot

StanleyCup2011*

You'd think someone who suffered a shot like this at the hands of McSorley would know better in his old age, than to deliver a cheap shot like this.

And on the eve of the Bertuzzi trial no less.. pretty much the exact same type of attack. Time to hang em up Donny.

http://youtu.be/JXSVVh_DANs

(Can't embed at work, sorry)

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I didn't even realize he was still playing. Guy was always a loser IMO.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Didn't Jack call him Santa Claus during one game? I seem to remember him taking a couple of stupid penalties near the end of the game, letting the Bruins come from behind to win.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Anyway, Brashear was faking when Marty tapped him with his stick all those years ago.

It's a small club (no pun intended :laugh:) we are in. I've always thought it looked like Brashear felt the stick tap, flopped, and hit his head on the ice when his helmet popped up.

But just like anything close to boarding these days, a player is never faking. They are just not capable of pulling something like that off. :sarcasm:

Rancid McGoiter

Still metal.
Feb 1, 2005
It's a small club (no pun intended :laugh:) we are in. I've always thought it looked like Brashear felt the stick tap, flopped, and hit his head on the ice when his helmet popped up.

But just like anything close to boarding these days, a player is never faking. They are just not capable of pulling something like that off. :sarcasm:

I'm in that small "club". Brashear was, and will always be trash. This latest act of violence isn't the first, and probably won't be the last. That's why he's in the LNAH.

He's the ultimate victim of that so-called hockey violence though, so nobody will care. Marty's career had an ignoble end because of that stupid, ill-timed slash. Matt Cooke can still play and have fans say he's changed, but McSorley will forever be an example.

Hypocrites.

Rookie Chargers

Sep 17, 2005
Quebec
Just an average Friday night in the LNAH

League of punks. Look up Gaby Roch's stats and you'll see he only scored more than 9 goals once. That being 26 goals for a junior AAA team.

You have more fights in a LNAH game than you have goals so save the print.

Mynameismark*

Stop trying to act like the B's never do awful things. What Marty did was outright cowardly and he should be banished thanks to that.

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
I'm in that small "club". Brashear was, and will always be trash. This latest act of violence isn't the first, and probably won't be the last. That's why he's in the LNAH.

He's the ultimate victim of that so-called hockey violence though, so nobody will care. Marty's career had an ignoble end because of that stupid, ill-timed slash. Matt Cooke can still play and have fans say he's changed, but McSorley will forever be an example.

Hypocrites.

It looks like that club is bigger than we all thought. I always thought Brashear dove and got hurt on the dive.

But then again, I thought Savard dove when Begin broke the bone in his back.

So I always give the player the benefit of the doubt.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Love the LNAH, not as much fun as it used to be when they had teams in Laval and Verdun but still a fun league.

That said I never considered Brashear a tough guy, he could fight but picked his spots and was always cheap. I respect fighters from other teams in the league but I always thought Brash was a sideshow punk who thought he could play hockey and really couldn't.

During the last lock out he played in the LNAH as well, and picked his spots vs lower level tough guys, jumping them and waiting until they were at the end of shifts before he would fight them

No respect for Donnie, hope he's all done.

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne
Love the LNAH, not as much fun as it used to be when they had teams in Laval and Verdun but still a fun league.

That said I never considered Brashear a tough guy, he could fight but picked his spots and was always cheap. I respect fighters from other teams in the league but I always thought Brash was a sideshow punk who thought he could play hockey and really couldn't.

During the last lock out he played in the LNAH as well, and picked his spots vs lower level tough guys, jumping them and waiting until they were at the end of shifts before he would fight them

No respect for Donnie, hope he's all done.

I think this is actually his 3rd season in a row there. I want to say he's even the captain.

A couple of years he had this gem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=z48CyVAeeK4

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad