Management Don Sweeney - State of the Bruins (10/13/21)

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Good listen.He made a comment there about turning page when asked about goalies which made me feel like if they are decent at all Rask is history. He is also really high on Frederic.Guess time will tell on these .

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Not many do...explains why Trent remains with the bruins and not in Providence.
Or that Frederic is their only physical forward, has a long way to go and needs to stop listening to Lady Byng Cassidy and playing more like he did in Providence.

Reactions: NeelyDan

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Me neither. 4th line center.

Hardly seems worth a mention - unless you have no other forwards in the minors worth discussing.
yeah who knows, I understand they want Studs to play up the middle and right now that`s a bit of a crunch with the roster. I`d prefer Blidh over Freddy on opening night and I`m far from high on him

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
Good listen.He made a comment there about turning page when asked about goalies which made me feel like if they are decent at all Rask is history. He is also really high on Frederic.Guess time will tell on these .

I noticed that too about goalie comment. Similar to when he was asked about other players in the past and he danced around it with "the door is open". Smooth response, which attempts to take the blame off the organization when they don't return.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Or that Frederic is their only physical forward, has a long way to go and needs to stop listening to Lady Byng Cassidy and playing more like he did in Providence.

Blidh, Nosek, Foligno, Coyle, Haula, Marchand all physical / play with an edge.

Again not sure what Trent brings...Hope he finds his game otherwise some very hungry players in Providence ready to step in.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
I love how we give try-hards like Karson Kuhlman endless opportunity to remain mediocre and unproductive but we trample on the high-pedigree kid that represents a unique skill set in almost complete isolation from the rest of the team identity.

Reactions: LouJersey

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I love how we give try-hards like Karson Kuhlman endless opportunity to remain mediocre and unproductive but we trample on the high-pedigree kid that represents a unique skill set in almost complete isolation from the rest of the team identity.

Who's getting "trampled" on?

Reactions: inactive user

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Anton Blidh and his unique set of skills.

Oh yeah, poor guy :laugh: On a serious note, though, I am a Blidh fan. I like what he brings on a 4th line and I would prefer to see him there than Kuhlman, Wagner, Frederic (at this point with Fred's game) and probably Lazar too.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Oh yeah, poor guy :laugh: On a serious note, though, I am a Blidh fan. I like what he brings on a 4th line and I would prefer to see him there than Kuhlman, Wagner, Frederic (at this point with Fred's game) and probably Lazar too.
Yeah he brings more energy and bite than them, I do worry about his discipline and the offensive upside is almost zero. I’d take Freddy over him on LW just for the possibility of his offensive upside showing up. Plus him being able to take draws if Nosek gets bounced is good too.

Freddy-Nosek-Lazar is what I would start with, Lazar is out so I guess Kuhlman is best option for RW, Steen interests me most but don’t think that’s happening. MacEwen off waivers would have been good imo.

Reactions: Dr Hook

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
Not many do...explains why Trent remains with the bruins and not in Providence.

Trent Frederic, while averaging just 11:00 TOI, drew a total of 12 penalties last season which is only one shy of of David Pastrnak's 13 drawn penalties that led the Bruins. That's twice as many as any other player on the team outside of Pastrnak, Marchand and Kuraly (9) last year.

Frederic really isn't perfect and clearly he's still developing and learning through experience, but I really don't think he's an issue at all. He's tough as nails, is a great agitator and has good hand-eye coordination which allows him to be a solid net-front guy on the lower lines.

He shouldn't be going out there and trying to fight, hit and kill everyone on every shift, but it should be a part of his game. I really do think he's just trying to find a balance and adjust accordingly. He's also historically better as a center and he's been relegated to a left-wing role for the most part, but his face-off numbers remain strong–53.73% as opposed to Krejci's 53.60% for reference) while filling in at center.

I don't know if the long-term outlook has him as more of a center or winger, but he's always been a solid two-way threat and proved that each season he played in Providence. Maybe he's just a long-term developing player trying to piece it all together at the next level?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad