Boston Bruins Don Sweeney, Milan Lucic, James van Riemsdyk - Zoom transcript 7/1/23

BobbyAwe

Nov 21, 2006
South Carolina
Looch is PUMPED! He is highly motivated. I'm not predicting that will necessarily translate into more points than we expect of him, but he's going to be hitting, fighting, and adding a LOT of heart and soul to the team.

We need a bunch of enthusiasm and positivity on the ice this coming season after the recent DISASTER and Looch is going to bring that as much as one player can.

Last edited:

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
@ me bro. You said "Teams with short defensemen don’t win the cup. I’m sorry it bothers you so much but it is a fact." Turns out, it's NOT a fact. It's the opposite of fact, as you admit here, it's your opinion.

It's interesting that you cite the blues. The bruins beat them in game 1 and were up 2-1 when Sundqvist knocked gryz out for the series with a hit that got him suspended. The only goal they gave up with him on the ice before the injury was by Bortuzzo who flipped a puck fromt he wall that bounced off Gryz's knee with no blues player anywhere near him. The narrative that the blues pushed Gryz around is silly and wrong, unless you could him not being able to play after a suspendable headshot.

Anyway - thanks for convincing me to NOT come back to HFB because the quality of posting and the moving of the goal posts when you get called out on making untrue statements is astonishingly bad here. I appreciate it.

Grz came back in the series. Scored the only goal for the Bruins in G7.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Haha why would I @ you? I was responding to someone else’s post that was so absurd it got deleted.

As far as small defensemen winning the cup, you had to go back to 2014-2015 to find someone the same size and that was Timonen who averaged less than 9 minutes a game for the Hawks during that run. All the other players you listed are 5'11" or 6' (and we both know Gryz isn't even 5'10"). For some reason it seems like you think you proved me wrong but in reality you just backed up my point.

Looking forward to your response even though you're done with this place.
It’s probably more of an issue of probability of a player of that size being in the finals since the % of players that size is small.

Bet that over the history of the NHL not many 6’8” or larger dmen have won the cup. They can. But guessing not many times does it happen. Wonder why.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
It’s probably more of an issue of probability of a player of that size being in the finals since the % of players that size is small.

Bet that over the history of the NHL not many 6’8” or larger dmen have won the cup. They can. But guessing not many times does it happen. Wonder why.
The issue for me with #48 is he has been benched by Montgomery also. If #48 was as good as people claimed they should have been able to move him for a 3rd and say 4th to open up more space and not traded Hall and then losing Bertuzzi isn't a compounded problem.

The issue for me with #48 is he has been benched by Montgomery also. If #48 was as good as people claimed they should have been able to move him for a 3rd and say 4th to open up more space and not traded Hall and then losing Bertuzzi isn't a compounded problem.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut

You can say that again!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad