Management Don Sweeney & Cam Neely speak to the media

Status
Not open for further replies.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Everything Krejci has said points to a short term deal if he stays in the NHL, which is for the best for the Bruins. I assume of Krejci decides not to retire from the NHL any conversations they have on money will be in relation to what they need for Hall.

On the Rask injury. On one hand i would rather them spend that backup money on help elsewhere, but on the other the Bruins have managed to finish ahead of Tampa/Leafs in years past because their backup could win games. Running out two rookies (no matter what ability they have) for half the season is a gamble.

member 96824

Krejci wanting to finish his career in the Czech Republic isn't new news, he's maintained that for at least 4-5 years now, but big bummer that the time seems like it's probably here now.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Krejci wanting to finish his career in the Czech Republic isn't new news, he's maintained that for at least 4-5 years now, but big bummer that the time seems like it's probably here now.
What happened to his wife being from Carolina so the interest to go back wasn’t there as much anymore? That’s what I heard all season.

member 96824

What happened to his wife being from Carolina so the interest to go back wasn’t there as much anymore? That’s what I heard all season.

I read it here but never from the horse's mouth.

Also heard here he was going to Carolina because it's where he spends the summers. Apparently Raleigh and Charleston are next door..so...:dunno:

Last edited by a moderator:

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
Sorry if posted elsewhere in the forum, but was there a recap of the year end injuries the Bruins had?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Don Sweeney: "I don't think you can keep bringing the band back together if they aren't able to accomplish the ultimate goal. You want to bring in players that help [the core group] elevate them and grow. Ultimately they want to be surrounded by good players & good teammates"

Ok Donnie boy, stand by your word please

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
Don Sweeney: "I don't think you can keep bringing the band back together if they aren't able to accomplish the ultimate goal. You want to bring in players that help [the core group] elevate them and grow. Ultimately they want to be surrounded by good players & good teammates"

Great! So we can assume that Krecji Hall and Rask will be gone and Miller will be resigned for 1 year 5 million. Can't wait to see what "impact" prospects he passes over this year in the draft.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
yep, things a bit too cozy for those on the big squad knowing there is literally nobody who is ready in Providence to push them out

Anyone know how much $$$/cap room the B`s have?
Potentially more than $16 million considering if Rask, Kuraly and Krejci walk and factoring in Backus $1,500,000. off the books.

Reactions: bbfan419

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA

He's a liar.

Also, the same thing could be said for the management group (Sweeney, Neely, Bradley, JFJ) and the scouting staff. You can't keep bringing them back when they haven't maximized the window of this core.

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
Potentially more than $16 million considering if Rask, Kuraly and Krejci walk and factoring in Backus $1,500,000. off the books.
I think it was roughly 30M w/o any of their FA's resigned. But they would need to sign Hall/Carlo/Frederic then ? on Ritchie/Kuraly/Kase/Reilly/Miller/Tinordi/Halak . Bottom line if they don't resign Rask or Krejci they have at minimum around 15M depending on who else on the ? list they bring back

Drift

Jan 9, 2012
I think it was roughly 30M w/o any of their FA's resigned. But they would need to sign Hall/Carlo/Frederic then ? on Ritchie/Kuraly/Kase/Reilly/Miller/Tinordi/Halak . Bottom line if they don't resign Rask or Krejci they have at minimum around 15M depending on who else on the ? list they bring back
Need to factor in whoever we lose to the Kraken as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad