Management Don Sweeney & Cam Neely speak to the media - 6/15/21

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Sorry - what does?

Lol

nothing of significance. I was just trying to state no one here knows who's making all the calls good or bad, but its Sweeney job and some here for one reason or another like to blame Cam. Me for one am totally bias to a fault, when it comes to Neely as he's right in between Orr and O'Reilly on my all Favorite Bruins list.

Ultimately I feel he leaves it up to Sweeney though, as I just don't see Cam micro-managing his General Manager, a suggestion here or there sure but in the end I truly believe its Sweeney call as it has been on draft day.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Ha, I keep hoping and praying that I'm wrong about him and he's going to shock the ever loving sh*t out of me but.....
There's always tomorrow and "hope floats." LOL
It's almost like the longest episode of "The Office."

What a terrible name for a movie. Something else floats, too.

And you can say that "Cream rises to the top."

So does scum.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
You've said both influence and decision - gotta pick a pony and ride it. What I'd say is I agree it's the GM's job to decide, but to think any President wouldn't have some degree of influence is not realistic.

I don't get what you mean by gotta pick between influence and decision. Why?

Anyway, by saying its the GMs job to decide but the president has some degree of influence you are just repeating what I said to begin with.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
Cut ties with both, and not just both, but the scouting crew, too.

I keep saying it, but of course they won't do it. Not until everything falls apart. Monty Burns. It's called.. ruins.
What screwed Chiarelli was that he never played for the Bruins and wasn't pals with Dumb and Dumber. Dumb and Dumber have signed off on several atrocious moves/selections, but they played for the team, are pals, and Sinden and the Jacobs family love them. They have jobs for life.

Want to take a guess who Dean Malkoc, Mr. 2015 1st Round, played for? I'll give you a hint, he was teammates with someone whose name rhymes with Con Weenie.

Old Boys Club.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Lol

nothing of significance. I was just trying to state no one here knows who's making all the calls good or bad, but its Sweeney job and some here for one reason or another like to blame Cam. Me for one am totally bias to a fault, when it comes to Neely as he's right in between Orr and O'Reilly on my all Favorite Bruins list.

Ultimately I feel he leaves it up to Sweeney though, as I just don't see Cam micro-managing his General Manager, a suggestion here or there sure but in the end I truly believe its Sweeney call as it has been on draft day.
I’ve always thought that he isn’t a micro manager. He has plenty on his plate. He has said so in the past.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
It's always more fun for the drivers of reinforced muscle cars at a demolition derby than the drivers of sedans with a couple engine problems and compact cars. DS has yet to grasp that. Who cares about the playoffs when you're too busy admiring his 2020 President's Trophy and 2019 GM of the year award. Smartest man in the room for sure. Clearly doing great at building a Cup winner. Getting past the second round 1 time in 6 years will do. The revenue still comes in. Enough Donsplaining will suffice since enough Bs fans will do the mental gymnastics necessary to think he's doing a fine job. Second round losses are adequate. Hard to make moves. Hard to follow basic drafting fundamentals. The future is bright all-considered.

f***ing hell it's annoying to see a third of the teams in the league win multiple Cups over the past 40 years (Mon, NYI, Edm, Pit, TB, Devils, Red Wings, Chi, Avs, Kings) and the Bs are not in that group. Even more annoying to hear people say Bs fans are spoiled. Yeah, 1 Cup in nearly half a century is spoiled. It's going to be even longer with this foolish management group in charge. These tools are running this organization into the ground by wasting many years of a talented core, while at the same time not doing what's needed for the future. Disgusting that upper management is allowing this crap to continue. It'll be back to another prolonged period of lean years soon enough thanks to the same cast of characters.

Reactions: Estlin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad