Confirmed with Link: Don Granato Thread -- Signed to Contract Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
58-60 is not bad. Budreau is 69. Thats getting too old. I don't want a coach who will lose his train of thought mid speech :laugh:
Old guys w proper attitude are great asst to hire to watch and help a new younger hire like Edmonton. Early this season. Pick correctlyand heal a stagnated culture being destroyed by nhl meddling . Tech but mainly players giving up because their systems and special teams are not flowing w ootions like the rpo and options laden McD defense used in buffa Football less easy to predict and subvert

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Adams/Granato are both finished when the season is over. Take it to the bank. Even clown boy Pegula can read the writing on the wall.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I wonder what Gallant or Laviolette (if he's not back in Washington) would do here.

Adams was on the Carolina team that won the Cup with Laviolette behind the bench...
Laviolette was hired by the rangers and currently has them in 1st place overall in the entire league.

But yeah, he would’ve been a great hire when he was available this past summer.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Adams/Granato are both finished when the season is over. Take it to the bank. Even clown boy Pegula can read the writing on the wall.
Its not happening. Sorry but no chance. 100% they are both here next year. I would bet on it. Pegula loves them.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Screenshot-2024-03-25-at-11.18.19 PM.png

Matching forward lines isn't a thing really. I wonder how that affects their poor record at home?

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
I wish this were true, but I disagree. They'll both be spoken of glowingly by TP. In the locker room cleanout press conference, Kevyn Adams will say he has full faith and trust in D Granato.

goach

Jun 30, 2013
It's too bad the players don't realize how free they are under current staff!! Might actually play hard consistently. But now they need Torts type.

Julien is my pick! Team defense 1st

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
It's been 3 and a half months since they got run out of their own rink by the Blue Jackets. It's the same team.
Well they did trade a center for a redundant lhd...so technically they are new and improved. /s

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
There are only 32 of these jobs. I think you overstate this point time after time hoping your view will one day be correct.
Someone yes. An actual improvement? I have my doubts as long as the TPeg KA lovefest is ongoing. Who is going to take the job when the first thing they recommend is dumping Tage, Krebs and Power for useful players

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
TSN picking up on it:

Dreger with Duffer and Marty on this topic was entertaining.

They asked Dreger what him and his media friends think is wrong with the Sabres this year after how last season went. He basically said everyone is confused and have no real ideas of how to fix it. He also pointed out how goaltending was an easy thing to point to after last season and UPL has answered that question for the most part since 1/1/24.

:help:

• Wow
Reactions: Dubi Doo

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

They asked Dreger what him and his media friends think is wrong with the Sabres this year after how last season went. He basically said everyone is confused and have no real ideas of how to fix it. He also pointed out how goaltending was an easy thing to point to after last season and UPL has answered that question for the most part since 1/1/24.

Terrible passing stats, terrible slot shot stats, a castrated powerplay, terrible odd-man rush against stats, terrible slot shots against stats... visually watching forwards blow the zone every night. Doesn't seem that hard to figure out why if one is watching.

BuffaloMango

Mar 14, 2023
Terrible passing stats, terrible slot shot stats, a castrated powerplay, terrible odd-man rush against stats, terrible slot shots against stats... visually watching forwards blow the zone every night. Doesn't seem that hard to figure out why if one is watching.

In their defense they might be watching the super secret Alex Tuch tapes where everybody is trying super hard.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia

Pretty blatant lead in to poor coaching. How are the players, clearly given poor direction and ultimately poor performance, rooting for this guy?

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
I do believe Granato will be here next year but I am not giving up a glimmer of hope Adams has some sanity and fires him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad