Don Cherry & the Coach's Corner season 2015-2016

Darth Bangkok

May 17, 2006
Mogadishu
Music to my ears. Hope I get to see it a lot this season, hardly at all last season. My tv provider has a CBC channel now, so I hope to watch it often, even though the games start at 7:30 AM Sunday here.

Preisst*

Jun 11, 2008
Western Canada
If he didn't spend half of the segment going on about players' suits then time constraints wouldn't be a problem

Question. Do you dislike Don Cherry?

If yes then how would you know what is going on with his segments as you obviously wouldn't watch them.

If no then what do you care what he talks about?

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Don Cherry gives us a constant reminder of how much hockey has evolved.
He can't complain about air time, he wastes too much time discussing unimportant details of the game.

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA
Same reason people watch shows like First Take, PTI, etc. LOUD, bombastic opinions delivered with authority (regardless of the actual merits of their content) draw more eyeballs than thoughtful analysis.

Maybe more people agree with his opinion than care to admit it.

Crescent Street

Saturday Nite Hockey
Sep 19, 2004
Long Island
Unofficially the first coach's corner was Monday night at Kraft Hockeyville in North Saanich, BC. This was an in-arena variation. Grapes was quoted as saying his favorite player is Jamie Benn :)

GadKing

Sep 27, 2010
Montreal
I can't stand him, I change the channel every time he's on TV. I feel I get dumber if I listen to him. I do like the intro music to the Coach's corner though, it's pretty catchy.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
Question. Do you dislike Don Cherry?

If yes then how would you know what is going on with his segments as you obviously wouldn't watch them.

If no then what do you care what he talks about?

This is pretty ironic. If you dislike when people criticize Don Cherry, why do you read and respond to their comments?

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
I was going to ask why this was a sticky then I realized that we would have 2-3 threads every week about something stupid Don said on the show.

Carry on people, I will myself be changing the channel as soon as Don's ugly mug finds its way on my television.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00