Don Cherry is a racist tool 'n should be banned on TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
I am sick of his hating and racial comments towards Non-Canadian hockey players and people in general. It look so disgraceful, insulting and unprofessional.

As some of you did saw his 1st intermission in Canada vs Norway game where he called Norwegians as Finns and on being corrected by Ron Maclean that they are not Finns, rather Norwegians. Don Cherry ignorantly and blatantly responded saying "same thing"

I mean are you ****ing serious? The whole world is watching and you're going to sit their, looking stupid and disrespect a whole country and more so, make Canada look bad?

Honestly, how the eff does he have a job on internationally broadcast TV?

Midas0

Only the best Scouts
Dec 12, 2009
Peterborough, ON
I agree. What a joke.

Costa Rica and Mexico? Same thing! Ireland and Scotland? Same thing! Japan and South Korea? Same thing!

:shakehead :help:

Punchbowl

Apr 4, 2010
I like Don Cherry for hockey night in Canada but I don't think he should be covering international events. Canadians know he's a relic of a bygone era and that his opinions on foreigners are still of the mid 20th century (and thus should be dismissed). He's not representative of modern Canadians.

As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure there was an article about Don himself not wanting to cover international events in Sochi.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
As some of you did saw his 1st intermission in Canada vs Norway game where he called Norwegians as Finns and on being corrected by Ron Maclean that they are not Finns, rather Norwegians. Don Cherry ignorantly and blatantly responded saying "same thing"
What, did he use the "N" word or something? get over it! :shakehead

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
I am sick of his hating and racial comments towards Non-Canadian hockey players and people in general. It look so disgraceful, insulting and unprofessional.

I mean are you ****ing serious? The whole world is watching and you're going to sit their, looking stupid and disrespect a whole country and more so, make Canada look bad?

Honestly, how the eff does he have a job on internationally broadcast TV?

I agree. Don Cherry is a dips***. But, the mentality of 'I don't like it, lets ban him / her / it.' is pretty asinine and I get tired of it. Personally I find all cable news channels full of idiots and they attract soft headed dolts like bugs to a lamp. They have people that say ridiculously outlandish things or outright lies. All 3 of the big networks are absolutely guilty of this. They're all full of crap. But, I simply choose not to watch their drivel. Don't like it, don't watch it. Turn the channel. Turn off the TV or radio. It's not in any way, shape or form difficult.

Back in Black

Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
I agree. Don Cherry is a dips***. But, the mentality of 'I don't like it, lets ban him / her / it.' is asinine and I'm tired of it. Personally I find all cable news channels full of idiots and they attract soft headed dolts like bugs to a lamp. They have people that say ridiculously outlandish things or outright lies. All 3 of the big networks are absolutely guilty of this. They're all full of crap. But, I simply choose not to watch their drivel. Don't like it, don't watch it. Turn the channel. Turn off the TV or radio. It's not in any way, shape or form difficult.

Exactly! Well said.

Punchbowl

Apr 4, 2010
What, did he use the "N" word or something? get over it! :shakehead

Maybe you could 'get over' whatever hatred you have for Russians, as well. I've seen you ridiculing them with the same antiquated view as Cherry in several threads and it's pretty distasteful.

We're competing against them in a game, not a war.

Back in Black

Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Maybe you could 'get over' whatever hatred you have for Russians, as well. I've seen you ridiculing them with the same antiquated view as Cherry in several threads and it's pretty distasteful.

No hate my friend, just love beating them!

I do however have a hate on for players who try to get out of their contract, or hold out for more money, and more than usual it's a Russian. If it was a Canadian, I'd be on his a** too!

GO CANADA GO!

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
No hate my friend, just love beating them!

I do however have a hate on for players who try to get out of their contract, or hold out for more money, and more than usual it's a Russian. If it was a Canadian, I'd be on his a** too!

GO CANADA GO!

If Yashin was bad, then Healthy was worse. Now, who's Canadian between these two?

LynxBud

Nov 27, 2013
Gloucester
Hm, I don't see the big deal here. Cherry can be a tool, but whatever, he's 80 years old. He's from a different era.
I personally still find some of his rants rather entertaining even when it's the same crap he's been ranting about for decades.

People gotta chill out over little things like this. There are bigger problems in the world, or even hockey, than Cherry's ignorance.

Magix

Oct 10, 2010
I don't get who cherry appeals too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad