Dominique Ducharme. Interim head coach of the Habs thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astormynight

Apr 19, 2015
I actually hope it's not Joel Bouchard. He seems to do a good job in Laval so let him there for a few years and we might finally get a good development system. Then, let's say in 3-4 years, let's try Bouchard. If another team want to give a try to Bouchard before us let them. He'll be a rookie elsewhere.

Reactions: hvac412

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
I actually hope it's not Joel Bouchard. He seems to do a good job in Laval so let him there for a few years and we might finally get a good development system. Then, let's say in 3-4 years, let's try Bouchard. If another team want to give a try to Bouchard before us let them. He'll be a rookie elsewhere.
Not sure what his goals are in terms of coaching but if he's good with sticking around Laval for a spell, that'd be great for our organizational development.

Last edited:
Reactions: Astormynight

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
We could have Scotty Bowman this team still would suck. Really hard to evaluate if this guy is good or not.
The first time I saw him in a presser I said to myself this guy couldn't motivate a teenager in a whorehouse.:popcorn:

marvelousmotion

Nov 29, 2003
Visit site
Ducharme has been a huge let down, not surprised the team did not improve since he took over. He does not inspire trust, he lost all credibility the second that he used Danault/Byron to start the 3on3 in his very first game coaching the team. Just when you thought there was hope for a change in terms of culture, it screamed the "playing not to lose" mentality all over again.

This team has no identity. The only pattern that we see all over again since Ducharme took over is a team playing with no confidence, no coherence, and with that "afraid to lose" mentality. The 3on3s under Ducharme were by far the most embarrassing hockey I've ever seen in my life, never seen players so passive, afraid to attack and make plays. :help: It became so pathetic that at some point, you just had to laugh it off. :laugh:

Reactions: Tuggy and demetan33

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
Starting Caufield
With Danault. That must be a joke right. Play him with KK and Armia or Suzuki and Anderson.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Ducharme is clearly coaching the wrong team. I mean, isn't he doing exactly what most of this board was criticizing Julien for lack of, pushing controlled plays in transition and offensive zone? The problem is that he's been given Shea Weber's corpse and Ben Chiarot to do that, who can't complete a pass any more complicated than a simple D to D. It's impossible that his style of coaching is ever going to work with this roster. Either him or Bergevin has to go in the summer, preferably both, but most probably just Ducharme.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
This team stumbles under pressure....it's like guys holding on to their stick with lead hands...consistently putting puck in dead area making guys chase and so on. No real zone exit or ozone entrance. Forward in the Nzone waiting for puck chip....what a weird team.

Reactions: _habsfan9

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Julien's system is still being played. Ducharme is just more open to shuffling lines.

Until we get puck possession guys, we will see the same up/down roller coaster ride. Gallagher's energy is clearly missing and it's a bigger impact than I thought it would be.

Too much mistakes and lack of execution with their chances. They are out of gas both mentality and physically. Curious to see how many more games we win out of the 8 remaining. Better win 5 of those cause 4 might get us in trouble. Canucks loosing last night helps.

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
Julien sucked,Ducharme sucks,Therrien sucked. Maybe at the end of the day, it isn't really coaching at all? More about the product on the ice which is a "good" team that ranks about 16th-18th in the entire league.No big superstars but some good players and that will just get you average in the end as it's been for decades now.There is potential for a few of the younger guys like Caufield to be great but that's a few years away still. Imagine the habs going up against Mackinnon,Makar and Rantanen plus others.They would be eaten alive in seconds.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I know DD can coach and I was pretty hopeful when he took over but he's in over his head. I get his hands are tied with the injuries and taxi squad limits, but his deployment he can control and his line blender action has been a little too much.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Caufield with Evans and Lehkonen at practice.. unreal.

I don't understand how he can change the forward lines every game, but still doesn't try to split up the atrocious Chiarot - Weber pairing.

Staal 3rd line too. This guy better not be extended. He hasn’t got a clue.

Jul 6, 2016
Caufield with Evans and Lehkonen at practice.. unreal.

I don't understand how he can change the forward lines every game, but still doesn't try to split up the atrocious Chiarot - Weber pairing.

At his point, send down Caufield to Laval....

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Should have kept Julien. Bergevin gave upp too quickly on him.
I disagree, team had quit on julien. Problem is they not talented enough .
So I don’t think it would be better with julien . As the problem is talent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad