Dominik Shine

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Got signed by the Griffins (not the wings I dont think) after his season in college was done. The games I saw he was fast and threw some big hits so I looked at his college stats. He was close to a ppg player on a ****** team with 20 goals in 33 game shis last season.

Anyone think he has an NHL future? Glendening was originally a griffins only signing and made the NHL, can Shine do it too? Definitely plays a physical, fast style of game that would fit in on the fourth line for energy

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Shine is on an AHL contract (ATO for this season & PTO for next season). He looks pretty good so far. Good skater, not afraid to be physical. Getting good scoring chances. Just have not got the puck to go in for him at the moment, but that will come. Looks good defensively so far. Will see if he gets more playing time this week with everyone coming back from injuries/Wings.

Top Shelfer

Bingo Bango!
Dec 22, 2008
The Motor City
The 5-foot-11, 175-pound forward earned All-WCHA Second Team accolades during his junior campaign that saw him lead NMU in goals and finish second in points (15-15—30).

Probably a use for him with Miller not going to be resigned. I still can't believe Glendening lead the Wings in hits. His hits I don't notice.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
The 5-foot-11, 175-pound forward earned All-WCHA Second Team accolades during his junior campaign that saw him lead NMU in goals and finish second in points (15-15—30).

Probably a use for him with Miller not going to be resigned. I still can't believe Glendening lead the Wings in hits. His hits I don't notice.

Yeah, could definitely use a bit more physicality thats kinda what got me wondering about him. Glendening doesnt play lke much of a pest anymore so maybe SHine could come up and play that style on the fourth line

firebirds11

Mar 1, 2017
Released from ATO with Griffins today. Probably to finish up some school stuff. He has an SPC next year, so there has to be a specific reason.

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Also see the Griffins called up Mathew Santos & Cal Heeter from Toledo today and sent Zach Nastasuik back to the Walleye. Will have to ask Coach Nelson tonight what the deal with Shine.

firebirds11

Mar 1, 2017
Also see the Griffins called up Mathew Santos & Cal Heeter from Toledo today and sent Zach Nastasuik back to the Walleye. Will have to ask Coach Nelson tonight what the deal with Shine.

Yes, please ask! Looks like Santos won't make the Toledo playoff roster so GR called him up. And Heeter up... Wonder if it's because Pasq has struggled recently?

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Yes, please ask! Looks like Santos won't make the Toledo playoff roster so GR called him up. And Heeter up... Wonder if it's because Pasq has struggled recently?

If anyone is struggling in goal for the Griffins lately is Coreau. Since he came back from Detroit, he has not looked the same down here. Not sure why Heeter was called up to GR. Unless Pasquale got hurt in a relief role on Sat night here. Looked fine (actually better then Coreau did).

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI

In the 21 seasons that the Griffins booster club have had these player award dinners, I never got to sit with a goalie, until tonight and it was no other than Cal Heeter. Also had Matthew Ford and sitting next to me was the wrecking ball kid himself D-man Joe Hicketts. Great time. Heeter was just as shocked to be called up to GR. He was suppose to have some dental work today but when he went to the place, the dentist did not show up today. Coach Nelson brought Heeter up to have 3 goaltenders for this week. No injury to Coreau or Pasquale.

Coach Nelson also said that Shine had to finish up some schooling this week, so that was the reason he was dropped off the ATO, but Nellie also told me that Shine will be back on the team for the last regular season game in Milwaukee. If there is nothing to play for in the last game, he plans on playing the kids in that game.

Matt Lorito (who was on his way back from Detroit and was not in attendance in our dinner) won our offensive player of the year and MVP award. Svechnikov was voted the Unsung Hero award. He was funny when he gave his speech. I was warning Hicketts to be prepared to follow up on Svech speech as Hicketts won the last 2 awards as our best defenseman & Mr. Hustle awards.

Took me 45 minutes to get home as torrential rains hit GR and the road near where the dinner took place, was flooded out, so most of us had to turn around and go the long way back home. Tornado warnings were out for a short time and Coach Nelson said, "Just like it was in Oklahoma City."

Hicketts showed me the play from last night game in Cleveland when a Monsters player cross-checked him to where it broke his stick and Hicketts came back with a BC two hander slash in the back of his leg. The two got together and wrestled a bit before the linesman got them separated. Real down to earth person and he is short. Axel Holmstrom looks almost like Riley Sheahan in person.

Bertuzzi will be back for the Griffins on Friday, Tangradi should be back for Wednesday game. Frk was being checked out by doctors as he was not at our dinner tonight and he will be out for the 3 remaining regular season games, but should be back in time for the start of the playoffs.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad