Confirmed with Link: Dominik Kubalik (Will not be qualified)

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
8BDBAD75-AB41-4382-967D-7F92F1AB151A.jpeg

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Strome is a stupid lazy sack of crap carried by elite players. Kubalik is nothing but a shot, so not at all shocking.

What‘s hilarious to me is how many fans if other teams really want Strome. They don’t understand how worthless is he is when not put in a perfect position, and he’ll be a complete negative in the playoffs if he gets there.

Njfj

Feb 14, 2015
Strome is a stupid lazy sack of crap carried by elite players. Kubalik is nothing but a shot, so not at all shocking.

What‘s hilarious to me is how many fans if other teams really want Strome. They don’t understand how worthless is he is when not put in a perfect position, and he’ll be a complete negative in the playoffs if he gets there.

Not so surprising when you consider how fans’ knowledge of other teams and their players is based on draft position and a stat line.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017

I’m kinda worried about Strome as well. I have a feeling we are gonna try to sign him in Edmonton

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
A shame he never could rekindle what he brought in his 1st season or two. Good luck to him, but I get why we're moving on from him.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
If you get him for a million or $1.5 it’s not the worst
Wasn’t he 3 mil last year?

I’m really intrigued by Kubalik. When Chicago eliminated the Oilers a few years ago, he was a force. Has he really regressed?

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois

I’m really intrigued by Kubalik. When Chicago eliminated the Oilers a few years ago, he was a force. Has he really regressed?
His shooting seemed to slow down missed the puck a lot. Toews going down hill seemed to be the death blow for him. Also not getting major minutes on the power play.
He’d be worth a shot

Reactions: Muffinalt

Naster Okan

Jan 8, 2019

The sentiment last season was if he wasn’t scoring goals he wasn’t doing ANYTHING else. Which was entirely justified. And he didn’t score much. He definitely had more than enough chances to repeat his 30 goal season, probably more. I don’t know off hand but his shooting % ( along with most of the roster) was below average.

Reactions: Oilers in NS

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
His shooting seemed to slow down missed the puck a lot. Toews going down hill seemed to be the death blow for him. Also not getting major minutes on the power play.
He’d be worth a shot
I really liked him.
I’m not saying this to be a smart ass but have ownership stepped up in Chicago and tell the fans a complete rebuild is now on. I’m just curious who will take that Jones contract? One would have to think Kane will request a trade.
I know all about rebuilds, we have gone thru many in Edmonton. It’s very trying on the fan base
Oh well, could be worse, we could be Arizona fans. All 1000 of them

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I really liked him.
I’m not saying this to be a smart ass but have ownership stepped up in Chicago and tell the fans a complete rebuild is now on. I’m just curious who will take that Jones contract? One would have to think Kane will request a trade.
I know all about rebuilds, we have gone thru many in Edmonton. It’s very trying on the fan base
Ownership hasn’t outright said it ala the rangers. But the Gm they hired has stated it.

Jones will have a market should he decide he wants out. Not a great one but he will have one.

Kane probably goes but he controls that narrative also.

Agreed not zona so not bad.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
He’d be worth a shot

Still so hard for me to believe nobody offered anything of remote value for him.

He seems like an ideal value reclamation project for us, so I'm a little surprised we're just moving on like that.

Anyway, nothing too consequential.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I really liked him.
There's no guarantee they are asking for trades, I don't get that being set to people.

To people mad they aren't keeping to TRY to trade Strome/Kubalik... what value do you think they have? 4th rounders at best? What's better, keeping them getting a 4th rounder at the TDL. or Losing 4 more points for having less talent on the roster to have a better lottery odds? Moving like 4 spots at the top 5/10 of a draft is worth way more than a 4th rounder.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
You really think if either had any value whatsoever they wouldn’t have been traded last year?

Nobody wants these two bums.

Team is going nowhere, and both should have been retained

Could have played well enough to have value at TDL or in season as other teams suffer injuries

Also, in Strome's case as bad as he could be he was still the best C for a top 6 role, and we got nothing in system that even resembles an NHL C at this point

Also, both would have been pending UFA's this year. Major issue was teams didn't want to qualify them at $ they were at. Being pending UFA's at TDL would have been benefit

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

Could have played well enough to have value at TDL or in season as other teams suffer injuries

Also in Strome's case as bad as he could be he was still the best C for a top 6 role, and we got nothing in system that even resembles an NHL C at this point

New coach, new GM, new roster in the making. No need to recycle these two guys just because. Bring in some hard workers and skaters. Time to start overhauling the entire culture of this org from the roster up.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
There's no guarantee they are asking for trades, I don't get that being set to people.

To people mad they aren't keeping to TRY to trade Strome/Kubalik... what value do you think they have? 4th rounders at best? What's better, keeping them getting a 4th rounder at the TDL. or Losing 4 more points for having less talent on the roster to have a better lottery odds? Moving like 4 spots at the top 5/10 of a draft is worth way more than a 4th rounder.
Trading out Debrincat, Dach, Hagel to me signals complete rebuild

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018

Also, in Strome's case as bad as he could be he was still the best C for a top 6 role, and we got nothing in system that even resembles an NHL C at this point

Also, both would have been pending UFA's this year. Major issue was teams didn't want to qualify them at $ they were at. Being pending UFA's at TDL would have been benefit
We get it, you don’t understand rebuilds

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009

It's a virtual certainty that if the Hawks are walking away from Strome and Kubalik, they first did some calling around to see if there was any value whatsoever in trade for them.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Nobody wanted Strome or Kubalik at the trade deadline.....maybe it was the $'s......this GM is trying to change the culture and would rather spend $'s on all around players.....it would be nice to get something for them, but they will find the market will be pretty tight for their services if they think they are going to make the same $'s they were getting here. Since we let Debrincat go, I would consider bring back Kubalik----for like $3MM....but it looks like the GM REALLY wants a gut rehab here.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Oh yea, they arent going to be watchable for st least a season and likely 2.
Depends on how the draft slot and lottery goes. Even if the teams terrible, if they get bedard, i'm sure he's playing right away.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00