Dominik Hasek

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
Just elected to the Hall of Fame, and albeit a brief and controversial time in Ottawa, is the First modern Senator elected into the Hockey Hall of Fame. Congrats

Any other modern players out there who may get elected one day?

Chara? Hossa? Alfie? Bondra? Kovie?

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Congrats. IMO the best goalie ever. The list of awards is huge and his numbers were amazing.

ISensFanI

Sep 2, 2006
Ottawa
agreed. Hossa is 5 points or so away from 1000, making him the second 1000 point player Ottawa has drafted. Spezza is about 300 points away and should get there by 35...

wow seeing those stats.. i wish we never traded him hated the deal from day one

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Best goalie I've ever seen play. Most exciting to watch by far as well. Butterfly is so damned boring to watch, the Dominator's style or lack there of was an absolute treat to watch. We'll probably never see it again

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I don't think he's the best goalie ever (Patrick Roy) but the guy had a great career. Lot of what ifs with this guy. What if he came over in the 80's and what if he had played for us during the lockout year in 2004-2005?

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
The Dominator definitely belongs in the Hall of Fame, though I don't think that was even in question so its a moot point.

Other (former) Sens who will make the HoF? I could see Alfie getting in. Maybe not within a year of retiring, but eventually he'll have a spot. Chara and Hossa probably get in ahead of him by virtue of having won cups.

Still, winning the cup requires that a player plays on a great team. As an individual, Alfie woud not be out of place in the Hall of Fame.

Beyond that... maybe Spezza? Depends on how well he does after he moves on from Ottawa. If he wins a cup where he goes, then you can probably pencil him in an an eventual inductee. If not, then it'll definitely be up for debate.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I think Hasek was the best goalie ever though I idolized Roy as a kid.
Roy and Brodeur might have more cups but they did not dominate at the level of Hasek.

Not to throw it off topic but Alfie isn't getting in to the HHOF until reaching 1000 points is one of the top criteria.

He was a Star in Ottawa but not the league.

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011
I think Hasek was the best goalie ever though I idolized Roy as a kid.
Roy and Brodeur might have more cups but they did not dominate at the level of Hasek.

Not to throw it off topic but Alfie isn't getting in to the HHOF until reaching 1000 points is one of the top criteria.

He was a Star in Ottawa but not the league.

Alfie's already at 1157 points, should reach 1200 if he plays another year, add his international success and he'll end up in the Hall.

Rals

Apr 5, 2011
Ottawa
What was the speculated reason he faked injury and quit on the sens again..? I can't remember

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
What was the speculated reason he faked injury and quit on the sens again..? I can't remember

He didn't fake the injury. He just didn't feel 100% and didn't want to play until he did. The team was upset because in the playoffs a 75% Hasek is still 5x better than a 100% rookie Emery.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
He didn't fake the injury. He just didn't feel 100% and didn't want to play until he did. The team was upset because in the playoffs a 75% Hasek is still 5x better than a 100% rookie Emery.

He was essentially voted off the island by Alfredsson if rumors are to believed. The story goes that he and Phillips begged him to play against Buffalo as he was already taking practice at that point, but he refused.

At that point, no one in the locker room wanted him back.

He was a notorious nut case. Heck of a goalie though.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Alfie's already at 1157 points, should reach 1200 if he plays another year, add his international success and he'll end up in the Hall.

Can you name off the top off your head the last 3 international players to make it in to the HHOF? I am sure there are many with international success but are clearly not on the HHOF's radar. Having played in the NHL will give Alfie the upper hand but international success alone shouldn't get him in.

Individual success should be the biggest factor when getting selected to the HHOF. Rookie of the year and some nice guy awards are great but doesn't elevate him into the elite class. A gold and silver medal from the Olympics is a team achievement as are the silvers and bronzes from would championships. They are factors in determining a players worth but with next to no individual awards shows that he is not at that level and will only get in when there are less quality competition to choose from.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Can you name off the top off your head the last 3 international players to make it in to the HHOF? I am sure there are many with international success but are clearly not on the HHOF's radar. Having played in the NHL will give Alfie the upper hand but international success alone shouldn't get him in.

Individual success should be the biggest factor when getting selected to the HHOF. Rookie of the year and some nice guy awards are great but doesn't elevate him into the elite class. A gold and silver medal from the Olympics is a team achievement as are the silvers and bronzes from would championships. They are factors in determining a players worth but with next to no individual awards shows that he is not at that level and will only get in when there are less quality competition to choose from.

Sundin was first ballot. They're pretty much comparable.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Sundin was first ballot. They're pretty much comparable.

He played in Toronto. Sundin was better season to season and was consistently a ppg player regardless of who he played with.

His international play is a lot more impressive too.

Sundin had the greatest numbers for any Swede. Alfie is a good Swede but did not have the impact of a Sundin, Forsberg, or Lidstrom.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad