Confirmed with Link: Dominic Toninato extended two years two-way

ennsjd07

Feb 11, 2016
Kauai, Hawaii
Nice.
I keep thinking, "He's great where he is". Where he is, is usually on the Moose or in the PB.
I sincerely hope he keeps showing the young guns how to play hard and be responsible in their own zone. He does those two things very well.

Reactions: Channelcat

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Nice.
I keep thinking, "He's great where he is". Where he is, is usually on the Moose or in the PB.
I sincerely hope he keeps showing the young guns how to play hard and be responsible in their own zone. He does those two things very well.
I actually didn't mind him at 4c for us. Better than both Gus and Stenlund imo.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Toninato is a great example of a NHL-AHL tweener grinding out a professional career. Take a 2 year contract at NHL minimum but with a $400,000 minimum each season. He already has $3.2 M in career earnings so he will max out at over $4 M for a hockey career, but likely adds a couple more years onto this. By age 30 or so he should have a nice nest egg to start the next phase of life.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Toninato is a great example of a NHL-AHL tweener grinding out a professional career. Take a 2 year contract at NHL minimum but with a $400,000 minimum each season. He already has $3.2 M in career earnings so he will max out at over $4 M for a hockey career, but likely adds a couple more years onto this. By age 30 or so he should have a nice nest egg to start the next phase of life.
Seems like he would be an excellent guy to become the next captain of the Moose. As a player someone who can teach younger players the right habits to become a pro.

There should be a lot of younger players on the Moose next year.

I think Toninato's NHL career is probably over, except in a relief role, but you are right he's been well taken care of by the organization, and who knows if he might become one of those lifetime True Northers once the playing career winds down.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Seems like he would be an excellent guy to become the next captain of the Moose. As a player someone who can teach younger players the right habits to become a pro.

There should be a lot of younger players on the Moose next year.

I think Toninato's NHL career is probably over, except in a relief role, but you are right he's been well taken care of by the organization, and who knows if he might become one of those lifetime True Northers once the playing career winds down.
This is a good point. He may be also playing out the long term hockey career plan. Show your loyalty to an organization with the long term plan of continuing to work within the organization.

Reactions: AlaskaJet

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Good for him. He can have impact on the Moose and a guy that has shown whilst he won't produce much at the nhl level he can give you some good fill in minutes and pk.

Reactions: sipowicz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad