Confirmed with Link: Domingue for McIntyre

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
https://www.uscho.com/2014/08/28/north-dakota-goalie-zane-gothberg-now-zane-mcintyre/

Random tidbit for McIntyre:

North Dakota junior goaltender Zane Gothberg announced Thursday that he has legally changed his surname to his mother’s maiden name of McIntyre.

“My grandmother and my mother have been very influential in my life,” said McIntyre in a news release. “With the passing of my grandmother and my mother getting re-married, as well as my sister getting married, I’ve made the personal choice to carry on the family name in their honor.”

Camille the Eel

I think they will play Domingue with Markstrom injured. And that he will, or may well, benefit from their more structured system and stronger D. He may be significant for them. He was better in Tampa last year with a stronger team around him.

Playing angles here and with the D boxing out, he had decent stretches of play. His failure in games I watched was guys coming down the high and middle slot and beating him from 20 feet out when he didn’t have a clear read or chance to get set.

There will be much less of that in Vancouver.

But finally what does this say about our goalie plans for next year? Does it mean we are committed to signing a quality back up? Or are we going to try another bargain basement guy like Domingue, picked up at a discount?

nugg

NJ Hammerhead Bats!
Apr 27, 2002
Central Jersey
I think they will play Domingue with Markstrom injured. And that he will, or may well, benefit from their more structured system and stronger D. He may be significant for them. He was better in Tampa last year with a stronger team around him.

Playing angles here and with the D boxing out, he had decent stretches of play. His failure in games I watched was guys coming down the high and middle slot and beating him from 20 feet out when he didn’t have a clear read or chance to get set.

There will be much less of that in Vancouver.

But finally what does this say about our goalie plans for next year? Does it mean we are committed to signing a quality back up? Or are we going to try another bargain basement guy like Domingue, picked up at a discount?
I think they'll go with Senn if he continues to impress

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I think they'll go with Senn if he continues to impress
I think we're going to get a real backup and not repeat the mistakes of last off-season, where we should have picked up a tweener, but instead got Domingue when it was too late.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
what's hilarious is the vanc reddit fans laughing at saying "LOL domingue is good, look at his stats w TB. the devils just sucked, so see what he does w a real defense"

canadians, am i right?

Nubmer6

Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
what's hilarious is the vanc reddit fans laughing at saying "LOL domingue is good, look at his stats w TB. the devils just sucked, so see what he does w a real defense"

canadians, am i right?

Then Mac Black must be a GOD then, eh?

Reactions: OmNomNom

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

canadians, am i right?

See I want to laugh at them, but we lose out on their pick this season if Louie tanks their season.

Nubmer6

Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
See I want to laugh at them, but we lose out on their pick this season if Louie tanks their season.
At this point it wouldn't bother me TOO much if it got pushed to an unprotected 2021 pick. Not as deep of a draft, but it looks like it'll be defenseman heavy.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
At this point it wouldn't bother me TOO much if it got pushed to an unprotected 2021 pick. Not as deep of a draft, but it looks like it'll be defenseman heavy.
Fully agreed and Vancouver doesn't strike me as s sure fire PO team next season. Markstrom, Tanev and Toffoli are UFA. Their Cap is clustered with overpaid, over the hill depth forwards. The D is solid, but without a lot of upside. Boeser is always injured and they heavily rely on Pettersson and Q. Hughes. I could easily see them having a down season and miss the PO this and next season.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad