Recalled/Assigned: Domingue assigned to Tucson

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Surprise surprise. Vegas might claim him I guess since they have 2 goalies on the IR. Even then though he'd be waived again once they got a healthy goalie back.

I wish Domingue the best, it's too bad he couldn't keep his game at the level of his first call up. The potential is still there for him to be an NHL goalie, but I think he may have some issues with the mental side of the game. He wouldn't be the first goalie to have a short hot streak that he never matches again.

Reactions: Dasyotesfan92

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Good, his season was done the moment Corey Perry screamed in his face after Anaheims 2nd goal in game 1.
This could not be more true. Our team is a bunch of mental midgets and Domingue chief among them. Our entire roster was undone by Perry simply doing what Perry does. Our whole team lost control of the entire season over it. Domingue may have lost control of his career over it. It's the most pathetic thing I've ever seen in hockey.

If we don't suffer a nuclear meltdown because Perry effectively played the game he always plays and blow that lead to the Ducks, does anyone here honestly think we would have lost the next 9 games? Does anyone really think we'd have blown so many subsequent leads or been paralyzed so thoroughly every shift following any how we manage to muster? Would Domingue really have a sv% in the mid-eighties and a GAA over four? I strongly doubt it.

Perry single handedly emasculated our entire team. He made eunuchs of nearly every player we have by simply shattering any and all confidence we had in game two. Domingue may he permanently neutered.

Last edited:

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Congrats to Jason LaBarbera. You are no longer the worst Coyotes backup in recent memory.

If Louie gets claimed (Vegas?) we will have replaced him with a better and cheaper goalie as Wedgewood only makes 650k. Between him and Raanta, we have a total of 1.65 million committed to goaltending.

Last edited:

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Thank god. I've been calling for this for well over a year now. But not out of the woods yet. He still needs to be claimed. Fingers are crossed.

Reactions: AndrewYotes

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
This could not be more true. Our team is a bunch of mental midgets and Domingue chief among them. Our entire roster was undone by Perry simply doing what Perry does. Our whole team lost control of the entire season over it. Domingue may have lost control of his career over it. It's the most pathetic thing I've ever seen in hockey.

If we don't suffer a nuclear meltdown because Perry effectively played the game he always plays and blow that lead to the Ducks, does anyone here honestly think we would have lost the next 9 games? Does anyone really think we'd have blown so many subsequent leads or been paralyzed so thoroughly every shift following any how we manage to muster? Would Domingue really have a sv% in the mid-eighties and a GAA over four? I strongly doubt it.

Perry single handedly emasculated our entire team. He made eunuchs of nearly every player we have by simply shattering any and all confidence we had in game two. Domingue may he permanently neutered.

Interesting theory, it was absolutely pathetic and pivitol - perhaps for the season... at least thus far.

You got me thinking with this one for certain.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Well, it's not like the Coyotes organization was too fond of LD while he was here. I also think he'll do okay in the long run, just not on a team that sucks defensively at the moment. I think he would do well in MTL; after all, Montoya isn't playing too well there this season (although he's only played two games), so if they could move Montoya (perhaps to Vegas who would probably prefer a veteran Goalie over "broken LD") and have Domingue backup Price, I think he would thrive there (mainly because they actually have a veteran core of d-men). He wouldn't play much (if Price stays healthy) and could take time to reset his mental state.

I'm also wondering if perhaps we need a new Goalie coach?

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009

What happened exactly?

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Maybeee Calgary takes him? They have no confidence in Eddie Lack.

Come on Don, put in a good word.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad