Dominant NHL "C" - Ovechkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

francaisvolantsparis

Nov 21, 2018
Nice
Last five years we saw many good team captains. But who is the Captain of all captains? Whos team won most games? Who is respected by all teammates and feared by All opponents? Who motivates every teammate to give 200% on ice? Who is strong and classy? Who pass on the NHL AllStar game to be ready for his team games? Who is unmatched in his role? Who is by very far the most charismatic player in NHL?

Alex Ovechkin is.

2014-2019 Team Games won
1Washington Capitals265
2Tampa Bay Lightning259
3Pittsburgh Penguins249
4Nashville Predators236
5Anaheim Ducks230
6St. Louis Blues223
7San Jose Sharks221
8New York Rangers216
9Chicago Blackhawks212
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Your thoughts?

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Are you comparing Malkin to Backstrom? lol.

Ovechkin and Crosby are both generational players. Doesn't change the fact that Ovechkin is more impressive.

The only thing you got right here is that Crosby and Ovechkin are generational, the rest, you're so wrong about, I see this thread is not going to land well with any sort of coherent rationalization.

Reactions: kladorf2005

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Are you comparing Malkin to Backstrom? lol.

Ovechkin and Crosby are both generational players. Doesn't change the fact that Ovechkin is more impressive.
How many President's Trophies do the Capitals have to win before people actually admit Ovechkin plays on a stacked team?

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
How many President's Trophies do the Capitals have to win before people actually admit Ovechkin plays on a stacked team?

Yeah because having malkin your entire career arguably top 3 center for many years was such a hindrance to a guy playing on a stacked team as well. Poor Crosby.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I don't think you understand that. Because not only is the premise of this entire thread hilariously wrong, you seem to think it's so dead on accurate and right that you seem to be ignoring actual facts and stats that would say otherwise.

No one will refute Ovechkin is one of the greatest goal scorers in the league, but when it comes to something like determining the best leader in the game, you look at a guy that has also captained outside of the NHL and inside of the NHL as well as the playoffs and then you get a clearer picture.

Coming up with excuses to make your straw man argument stronger, is weak.

Yeah because having malkin your entire career arguably top 3 center for many years was such a hindrance to a guy playing on a stacked team as well. Poor Crosby.

And having a top 5 center as your center and then another young top 5 center is so hard. Underselling how good Backstrom and Kuznetsov is to pump up Ovechkin is a pathetic thing to do.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I don't think you understand that. Because not only is the premise of this entire thread hilariously wrong, you seem to think it's so dead on accurate and right that you seem to be ignoring actual facts and stats that would say otherwise.

No one will refute Ovechkin is one of the greatest goal scorers in the league, but when it comes to something like determining the best leader in the game, you look at a guy that has also captained outside of the NHL and inside of the NHL as well as the playoffs and then you get a clearer picture.

Coming up with excuses to make your straw man argument stronger, is weak.

So... You mean when Crosby was playing on a stacked Canadian team to be a clear indicator of him being a better leader.. Lol okay.

Like the fact that you're being unbiased btw.

Reactions: Hippasus and Voight

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016

If Crosby can't win presidents trophies with his supporting cast that says a lot more about him than Ovechkin.

Capitals with Crosby instead of Ovechkin are a bubble team if that

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
If Crosby can't win presidents trophies with his supporting cast that says a lot more about him than Ovechkin.

So wait, what does it mean that a President Trophy-less Crosby led Penguins has 3 cups under Crosby's leadership vs 1 cup under the multiple President Trophy winning Ovechkin-led Capitals?

vj08ETX.gif

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles

Just when I thought HFBoards had plumbed the depths of human stupidity, someone posts something like this.

I suppose I have only myself to blame, as I'm not sure what I expected out of a Crosby vs. Ovechkin thread.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Last five years we saw many good team captains. But who is the Captain of all captains? Whos team won most games? Who is respected by all teammates and feared by All opponents? Who motivates every teammate to give 200% on ice? Who is strong and classy? Who pass on the NHL AllStar game to be ready for his team games? Who is unmatched in his role? Who is by very far the most charismatic player in NHL?

Alex Ovechkin is.

2014-2019 Team Games won
1Washington Capitals265
2Tampa Bay Lightning259
3Pittsburgh Penguins249
4Nashville Predators236
5Anaheim Ducks230
6St. Louis Blues223
7San Jose Sharks221
8New York Rangers216
9Chicago Blackhawks212
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Your thoughts?

My thoughts are your numbers are off.

NHL.com - Stats

Bolts - 269
Caps - 267
Pens - 261

Add in playoff wins:

Pens - 307
Caps - 303

There is your answer.

francaisvolantsparis

Nov 21, 2018
Nice
My thoughts are your numbers are off.

NHL.com - Stats

Bolts - 269
Caps - 267
Pens - 261

Add in playoff wins:

Pens - 307
Caps - 303

There is your answer.

2014-2019 mean 2014-2015 to 1018-2019 seasons and not 2014 t0 2019 entire years. Otherwise 2019 make no sense. And you actually asked nhl.com to calculate the 2013-2019 stats. This is my answer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad