Signing(s): Dolphins hire Adam Gase as their new head coach (5 year deal)

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Good choice IMO, hes young enough that hes eager to prove himself and show why everyone wanted to interview him. Great fit for him & the team.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
I hope this works out. At least its someone I think that can get Tanny to that next level. I'm just jaded by all the other failures this organization has had in hiring coaches with no previous HC experience. But at least this time they appeared to have gotten the pick of the litter so to speak.

Jamie Thomas

Apr 4, 2003
It's been a long time since I could say this about a Dolphins move, but I like it. I thought they would go with an experienced guy but I like the idea of Gase working with Tannehill. I guess I'm one of the few who still has hopes for the guy. Now I wonder what kind of staff Gase will put together.

Still surprised that Ross got his man though.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I was shocked to learn he is only 37. Seems like he's been around for a long time.

Been in coaching for about 15 years, and thats why most teams wanted him. Hes young and already has a lot of experience, especially with a veteran coach like Fox. Began his career in football at 18, studying film with Saban.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I like it. Gase is a pretty slick offensive mind and has been around for a long time despite his age.

Hopefully he can work with Tannehill unlike the last line of idiots forcing him to run what they want. You gotta work with your QB, not have him work for you.

The only thing i dislike is apparently they're going to be giving him roster control. That kind of concerns me.

Last edited:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I don't think he will go crazy like McDaniels but I see no reason to give a 1st time HC that much power (Or any HC honestly)

Good hire for Dolphins likely as he worked well with Cutler so I am sure he will work well with Tannehill (As long as Tannehill is willing to listen to him)

Poor Jay ,, Another OC coming

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I don't think Tannehill will have a problem listening. He listened to Lazor despite Tannehill knowing the stuff he was calling was garbage (Lazor did not give Tannehill the option to audible when he felt it was needed.)

This can only be good for at least Tannehill. Gase made Cutler look far better than he is, i wonder what he can do with a QB that's not totally developed just yet.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Gase has final say on the 53 man roster, that doesnt necessarily make him GM or give him more power than Tannenbaum, who apparently Ross loves.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Good for Adam. Always liked him with the Broncos though his offense got neutered in his last year thanks to Fox/Elway.

Wish him nothing but success in Miami. Got a good one, PP62. And Vance Joseph too? I'd be running through the streets naked if I were you buddy.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Good for Adam. Always liked him with the Broncos though his offense got neutered in his last year thanks to Fox/Elway.

Wish him nothing but success in Miami. Got a good one, PP62. And Vance Joseph too? I'd be running through the streets naked if I were you buddy.
Thanks bud, though I'm 100% sure no one wants to see me running naked in the streets! :laugh:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
From the sound of his presser, it sounds like Gase is excited to work directly with Tannehill.

So am i. Kid still has potential. If Gase can work his magic on him like he did with Manning and Cutler, i'm super pumped for next season.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
He didn't do anything that magical with Cutler. He limited the reads and down field throws to cut down the ints and used his mobility.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad