Movies: Dolittle (January 2020)

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
According to a redditer who claimed to have worked on the set, this is looking like a disaster waiting to happen. Director change, re-shoots, nobody knowing how to shoot the animal scenes etc. "If the replacement director manages to make it watchable, he deserves an award"

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
According to a redditer who claimed to have worked on the set, this is looking like a disaster waiting to happen. Director change, re-shoots, nobody knowing how to shoot the animal scenes etc. "If the replacement director manages to make it watchable, he deserves an award"

No real interest in the movie but I'm not really buying that. I think you'd need to make a distinction that it was a "disaster waiting to happen", not is, as the movie is finished and heading to theaters. More importantly though watching the trailer it looks like a huge CGI fest so all the real work is going to be in post production anyways.

I mean "nobody knowing how to shoot the animal scenes"? What animal scenes? I see polar bears and gorillas and giraffes running around doing action scenes and the like, nothing you're going to try with real live animals... if that's what they were saying.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
No real interest in the movie but I'm not really buying that. I think you'd need to make a distinction that it was a "disaster waiting to happen", not is, as the movie is finished and heading to theaters. More importantly though watching the trailer it looks like a huge CGI fest so all the real work is going to be in post production anyways.

I mean "nobody knowing how to shoot the animal scenes"? What animal scenes? I see polar bears and gorillas and giraffes running around doing action scenes and the like, nothing you're going to try with real live animals... if that's what they were saying.

Apparently they used a combination of CGI and animatronics. Supposedly someone even brought their own dog on the set to help with the camerawork but the dog was barking at everyone so...

It's talked about here:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad