Dog Appreciation Thread

RussianRifle27

Dec 3, 2007
My thought was that it looked like a cocker spaniel that needed to be groomed, had a few growing up.

I'm not an expert on dogs, but his head seems a little more robust than most pictures I've seen. He also has a short, stubby tail, and it seems like most American Cockers have a longer tail. His fur also seems a bit curlier and tighter, than most pictures I've seen of other Cockers. It's a real mystery.

Bones Malone

Game Player
Oct 22, 2010
Buffalo
I'm not an expert on dogs, but his head seems a little more robust than most pictures I've seen. He also has a short, stubby tail, and it seems like most American Cockers have a longer tail. His fur also seems a bit curlier and tighter, than most pictures I've seen of other Cockers. It's a real mystery.

Every cocker I owned had a docked tail. That's not really a trait of the breed though, more of a requirement for showing and/or personal preference and done after birth, not determined by genetics. I had a boxer whose tail was not docked until later in life because of complications and usually when you think of a boxer you think short stumpy tail.

It could be a PWD, just pointing out that I'd believe it if it was a cocker.

Pharrell Williams

watch me whip and nae nae
Sep 15, 2013
a particular place or position.
d o g s

10252168_872683869413906_9120543580931179290_n.jpg

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Not sure but I think it is a Portuguese water dog just like the Obamas have :)
That was my initial thought as well.
I've never see one in person, but thought the fur/hair on a Portuguese was curlier than the supplied pic, and the white hair on the chest I'm not sure about either.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Mia & Ellie

Mia on left is a labradoddle. Ellie on right was a rescue dog mutt from a shelter that was half starved to death when we got her. Since then shes gained 20 pounds and is in fine health.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Here's my puppy.
She is a Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier.
She is big for a girl, about 21 inches tall, and 45 lbs.
This pic is a year or two old. She is going to be 14 this Nov.
She has hair, not fur.
Does not shed, but we have her groomed about every 6 weeks.

RussianRifle27

Dec 3, 2007
Every cocker I owned had a docked tail. That's not really a trait of the breed though, more of a requirement for showing and/or personal preference and done after birth, not determined by genetics. I had a boxer whose tail was not docked until later in life because of complications and usually when you think of a boxer you think short stumpy tail.

It could be a PWD, just pointing out that I'd believe it if it was a cocker.

Ah, I just assumed he was born with a stubby tail. Hopefully I can find one somewhere.

dogbazinho

May 24, 2006
Fairfax, VA
< -- My dog. He's having an annoying month. Male Basenjis apparently have a month long ordeal in the fall where they are a huge pain in the ass and what to go out every 2 hours and pee on everything. My dog gets so frustrated he nips at me if I don't respect his wishes.

AnAceOfKidneys

May 2, 2014
< -- My dog. He's having an annoying month. Male Basenjis apparently have a month long ordeal in the fall where they are a huge pain in the ass and what to go out every 2 hours and pee on everything. My dog gets so frustrated he nips at me if I don't respect his wishes.
My 1st dog was a female Basenji, loved her alot...favorite dog has to be the duck tolling retriever (photo below)

iu

not my dog, but looks just like her when she was a pup

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
I don't have dogs but am a dog walker. This is Black Lab Friday. The other days of the week I have more dogs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad