Friedman: "Doesn't seem like there is an Edmonton-Ottawa match for Hoffman, curious if CAR or STL looks at him

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Then you have to take bouwmeester and sobotka. Sobotka is where offense goes to die.

Sobotka isn't bad. He's one of our better versatile players. He got stuck in the top 6 role because Steen is the only one who can play on the right and Schwartz and Fabbs are injured. I don't understand your hatred for Boater.

Reactions: Celtic Note

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005
Why not take a look at the trade deadline threads and see if he's an insider or not. Since he broke a large number of them, it would seem like he's a really good guesser or an insider.

I'm not sure why people have difficulty differentiating from rumours and opinions. Most of his 31 thoughts are opinions. Since he talks with insiders all the time, he's well positioned to offer his opinions, even if he hasn't heard anything specifically. As long as he isn't trying to say he 'heard' this or was 'told' that, then it's pretty clear it's his opinion.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Wonder what would be coming back from CAR. TT/Lindholm +? Bean, Necas, and to a lesser extent Gauthier, Nej, Kuokkanen, etc. are obviously of interest as well.

How often does Friedman?

Literally daily. I think Friedman used to be a way better analyst but to say he isn't an insider is ridiculous.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Literally daily. I think Friedman used to be a way better analyst but to say he isn't an insider is ridiculous.
Can you list the friedman thoughts that actually came true.. considering his thoughts and curiosities as rumors/legit topics of discussions is just as ridiculous.

Reactions: Brock Radunske

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
Can you list the friedman thoughts that actually came true.. considering his thoughts and curiosities as rumors/legit topics of discussions is just as ridiculous.
He said he heard rumblings about Sheahan.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008

I mean, this was just his speculation. When he talks to a coach about how the Oilers PP would be way more dangerous if McDavid shot more, and then follows it up with stats that back it up, that's interesting. He has stuff like that all the time, and that's where I see his true value as an insider.

Reactions: LTIR

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Chances are the return will look like Ottawa got hosed by hfboards people but in reality it will be a good smart one.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I mean, this was just his speculation. When he talks to a coach about how the Oilers PP would be way more dangerous if McDavid shot more, and then follows it up with stats that back it up, that's interesting. He has stuff like that all the time, and that's where I see his true value as an insider.
I think the term insider is used on these boards as someone who leaks info related to trades that are about to go down. You are talking about him as an analyst. He mau get inside scoops from some sources but i doubt GMs would talk to him about those directly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad