Does the rebuild NEED McEichel

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
speaking of exaggeration and being overly dramatic

The bolded is only a belief that takes form after a year of mceichel dreams have taken too much root.

As I said earlier, it's not just that you aren't getting that great player, it's that someone else that is rebuilding is. And you are going to have to beat them. It's a big deal.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
As I said earlier, it's not just that you aren't getting that great player, it's that someone else that is rebuilding is. And you are going to have to beat them. It's a big deal.

I ignored the silliness of that point earlier... i mean, it's ridiculous in general... but the fact that we are talking about Arizona and Edmonton here makes it even more hillarious

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

Why are you going to have to beat them? The Kings and Hawks have two Cup wins in the last 5 years and never played Crosby. I mean you might have to beat one of them to win but its far from guaranteed. You're also implying the team we might have without them can't beat them. The last 5 years teams have had no trouble getting by Crosby.

allsilverdreams

Jan 17, 2011
Typical Buffalo team.can't even loose right.12 games left follow the plan.can't imagine sucking this bad and still waiting for our Mcjesus

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Why are you going to have to beat theEdmontonings and Hawks have two Cup wins in the last 5 years and never played Crosby. I mean you might have to beat one of them to win but its far from guaranteed. You're also implying the team we might have without them can't beat them. The last 5 years teams have had no trouble getting by Crosby.

Of course I'm not saying they can't beat them, but it will be a lot harder. Honestly, who would you rather be, us if we draft Hanifin, or Edmonton/Arizona with McEichel?

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
Arizona or Edmonton

I could understand picking Edmonton with that top 6. But Arizona? How would Arizona with McEichel be close to more desirable than what we have built?

Id take BUF with Hanifin over ARI with McEichel any day of the week.

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
That depends. The rebuild that we were starting to envision where the Sabres hit bottom and start to come up quickly absolutely needs McEichel.

If we get Hanifin, Strome, or Marner none of them help next year and we are one of the worst scoring teams ever. We have no top 6 centers other than Z, who would ideally be a power forward with McEichel.

If we don't get a top 2 pick I won't throw away my Stanley Cup dreams. But now we will have to talk about the same crap we were talking about this year next year as well.

Another year of bottom 5 hockey and tank talk. Sure, we can get another stud next year too. But at some point I want to see the light at the end of the tunnel. We are almost there. We could have almost had this thing clinched if it wasn't for these ridiculous last few weeks of backup goalies playing us every game, Lindhasek, and of course Arizona and Edmonton playing like they know what's at stake while our GM and coach are not on the same page.

:cry:

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
That depends. The rebuild that we were starting to envision where the Sabres hit bottom and start to come up quickly absolutely needs McEichel.

If we get Hanifin, Strome, or Marner none of them help next year and we are one of the worst scoring teams ever. We have no top 6 centers other than Z, who would ideally be a power forward with McEichel.

If we don't get a top 2 pick I won't throw away my Stanley Cup dreams. But now we will have to talk about the same crap we were talking about this year next year as well.

Another year of bottom 5 hockey and tank talk. Sure, we can get another stud next year too. But at some point I want to see the light at the end of the tunnel. We are almost there. We could have almost had this thing clinched if it wasn't for these ridiculous last few weeks of backup goalies playing us every game, Lindhasek, and of course Arizona and Edmonton playing like they know what's at stake while our GM and coach are not on the same page.

:cry:

Have you sen Edmonton play lately?

Three games in a row with points.

The Sabres break a 7 game winless streak and you'd think the world is coming to an end.

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Have you sen Edmonton play lately?

Three games in a row with points.

The Sabres break a 7 game winless streak and you'd think the world is coming to an end.

Not worried about them but they are keeping it incredibly close. They look much better than us but they find a way to blow leads and lose points.

Arizona, wow. Every time I watch them I wonder if they will get another 3 points this year.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
Not worried about them but they are keeping it incredibly close. They look much better than us but they find a way to blow leads and lose points.

Arizona, wow. Every time I watch them I wonder if they will get another 3 points this year.

Arizona has played a lot of very tight games the past two weeks. They will win a few down the stretch....just like we will.

phosphene*

Feb 18, 2014
West Seneca
McEichel guarantees a trip to the finals within 5 years, imo. Obviously it's going to take more than just the top pick, but they're pretty much essential to build a real cup threat.

Crazy Tasty

Oct 5, 2005
Joisey
McEichel guarantees a trip to the finals within 5 years, imo. Obviously it's going to take more than just the top pick, but they're pretty much essential to build a real cup threat.

You said mc eichel guarantees a trip to the finals, then said it takes more than that.

You get that's a ridiculous statement right??

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Everyone in hockey from 8 to 80 years old believes McDavid is going to be a generational player..

What makes you and Jame so smart ??

Smart hockey people understand that the ultimate goal (cups), are built with cornerstone pieces (plural) and sustainable depth.

Everyone knows that a generational talent as one of those cornerstone pieces would be the best and better outcome.

What people don't seem to understand is that we have foundational/cornerstone pieces in place, and a pipeline of sustainable depth, to go along with a deep pcket owner. We are well on our way in this rebuild with or without McEichel

If we get McEichel it makes us much better than if we miss out on them. But if we do miss out, it's not the end of the world. The rebuild is still a huge success, the cornerstone pieces will be in place.

Be pissed if we miss out on McEichel... I know I will. But it's no ones fault and it's not a huge set back and it doesn't mean the rebuild failed.

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda
Smart hockey people understand that the ultimate goal (cups), are built with cornerstone pieces (plural) and sustainable depth.

Everyone knows that a generational talent as one of those cornerstone pieces would be the best and better outcome.

What people don't seem to understand is that we have foundational/cornerstone pieces in place, and a pipeline of sustainable depth, to go along with a deep pcket owner. We are well on our way in this rebuild with or without McEichel

If we get McEichel it makes us much better than if we miss out on them. But if we do miss out, it's not the end of the world. The rebuild is still a huge success, the cornerstone pieces will be in place.

Be pissed if we miss out on McEichel... I know I will. But it's no ones fault and it's not a huge set back and it doesn't mean the rebuild failed.

I agree with you here, but I think it will be the end of the world if we miss out on either both of them along with many others, we are not all crazy people that don't know hockey we just buy the fact that the last two seasons of torture will be lost stupidly

Either one of those kids will bring way more to Buffalo than they do on the ice..media,promotions,money,player putting Buffalo back on trade lists just to name a few..So whatever needs to be done...has to be done

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
If the NHL doesn't open up it isn't going to matter if you have a generational player or not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad