does the garrison trade establish the market for boychuck?

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
different cap/contract situation but basically a cap dump for Vancouver...

garrison really impressed the nhl with his 16 goal season a couple years ago... or is that ancient memory?

I think some people here that have been talking about boychuck for someone like eberle or whatever might be very over optimistic.

maybe even boychuck for a first could be very over optimistic based on this trade...

or do we all think boychuck is a lot better than garrison?

trudatman*

do you always spell all of the Bruins players' names wrong intentionally as some sort of gimmick?

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
do you always spell all of the Bruins players' names wrong intentionally as some sort of gimmick?

I used to collect hockey cards... it helped me learn the correct spelling but sadly couldn't afford to do that for the past decade

spelling names isn't my strong suit... I might learn the correct spelling for a month... a year... 5 years... and then for some reason I start to think im wrong or something... who knows?

same with my choice how to structure my words... sadly I deal with carpo tunnel. maybe I should stop chatting but I don't stop so I get sore fingers to the point that touching the keys brings tears sometimes... I find it much easier to type these short sentences without punctuation.

many posters here hate me because of how I type... that's ok. I cant blame them. others hate me because I ramble on. cant blame them either. some hate me because I like to post suggestions for fantasy trades... I judge them as a bit Nazi since this is a free forum that invites users to indulge in making fantasy trades.

if you or anyone else wants to judge me on my spelling... im going to have to allow it because im not a good speller and I probably will get some names wrong from time to time

sorry

acr*

I don't think so. Boston isn't looking to rebuild in the same way that Vancouver is. Boston could take a portion of salary back, which Vancouver seemed unwilling to do. If JB was dealt, I think that Boston could get a better deal.

normalpsychology

Oct 27, 2011
Mass
I used to collect hockey cards... it helped me learn the correct spelling but sadly couldn't afford to do that for the past decade

spelling names isn't my strong suit... I might learn the correct spelling for a month... a year... 5 years... and then for some reason I start to think im wrong or something... who knows?

same with my choice how to structure my words... sadly I deal with carpo tunnel. maybe I should stop chatting but I don't stop so I get sore fingers to the point that touching the keys brings tears sometimes... I find it much easier to type these short sentences without punctuation.

many posters here hate me because of how I type... that's ok. I cant blame them. others hate me because I ramble on. cant blame them either. some hate me because I like to post suggestions for fantasy trades... I judge them as a bit Nazi since this is a free forum that invites users to indulge in making fantasy trades.

if you or anyone else wants to judge me on my spelling... im going to have to allow it because im not a good speller and I probably will get some names wrong from time to time

sorry

Have you ever tried any text to speech software? Like Dragon is one of them or it's called something like that. You just speak and it will convert it to text for you. Some of them might be expensive but I've heard they work pretty good. You might also find somewhere to download them online ;)

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Have you ever tried any text to speech software? Like Dragon is one of them or it's called something like that. You just speak and it will convert it to text for you. Some of them might be expensive but I've heard they work pretty good. You might also find somewhere to download them online ;)

use it on my smart phone. haven't used anything like that on my pc for a few years and the technology was pretty sucky back in the day.

I suppose when I upgrade to my next pc I will have to take the plunge on it

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

garrison really impressed the nhl with his 16 goal season a couple years ago... or is that ancient memory?

I think some people here that have been talking about boychuck for someone like eberle or whatever might be very over optimistic.

maybe even boychuck for a first could be very over optimistic based on this trade...

maybe because I went to 40 + games last year and saw him up close but I am a huge Boychuk fan. Had his best year and you take him away and Iginla I'm thinking that Presidents Trophy is a pipe dream and 4th or 5th in the Conference is reasonable (good news is the Bruins can still win a Cup as the Kings proved but they are far, far, away from the team that we just saw)

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada

How do you figure it's a cap dump? Vancouver had more cap space than they were possibly going to use imho. Salary dump maybe. But not for cap reasons.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
How do you figure it's a cap dump? Vancouver had more cap space than they were possibly going to use imho. Salary dump maybe. But not for cap reasons.

Vancouver is really shaking things up... just picked up doresett. cant help but wish we had made that trade.

first two deals have canuck fans screaming bloody murder but now with the rumored signing of ryan miller... the smart pick up of dorsett... I find it quite interesting.

I might have a hard time hating this team if benning keeps this up

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
maybe because I went to 40 + games last year and saw him up close but I am a huge Boychuk fan. Had his best year and you take him away and Iginla I'm thinking that Presidents Trophy is a pipe dream and 4th or 5th in the Conference is reasonable (good news is the Bruins can still win a Cup as the Kings proved but they are far, far, away from the team that we just saw)

I love self made players and boychuk came sooooo far from the early days when he went from prospect to suspect. he was one hell of a good trade when we stole him from Colorado and then I think he got better everyday

I cant believe he has the raw ability to ever become a really elite top 22+ min per night guy against top competition... but we've seen him do that role at playoff time for 10-15-20 games...

he must have amazing ability to rise to the occasion and that's huge for a guy like this. I have loved him on our team but now I understand he was a late bloomer... didn't make the nhl until his mid-20's has around 12-15 mill in career earnings when most his contemparies are well over 20 mill by this time.

it ultimately is a business for these guys and ultimately they must look after their families. im not sure boychuk is in a position he can leave 1-2 mill per year on the table to take the hometown discount for us???

in a perfect world I hope we keep this guy and Seidenberg and chara and Hamilton to be our top 4 for the next 3-4 years but its hard to envision where the cap room comes from. Hamilton is going to be much more expensive on his next deal. krug is going to be a very very expensive bottom pair guy if we keep him

I am with you though don... have loved what boychuk has given us

dem

Mar 17, 2002
I HIGHLY doubt the Bruins will get more than a 2nd..
Bruins are in a terrible crunch... and Boychuk only has a year left.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I HIGHLY doubt the Bruins will get more than a 2nd..
Bruins are in a terrible crunch... and Boychuk only has a year left.

If that's the case, there's absolutely no reason to trade him. Let him walk next year, we need him.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

Garrison received so little, because his contract is awful... And because he has a NTC.

Boychuk has neither of those hindrances.

At identical contracts, I'd imagine these two players would have comparable value (although I have to admit, I like Boychuk more). But the situations for either guy are pretty night and day.

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
Garrison was terrible last year, Boychuk was excellent.
Garrison has a terrible contract with 4 years left on it, Boychuk has 1 year left at below market value.
Garrison had an NTC and limited his destinations, thus limiting the market. Boychuk's NTC expired.

Vancouver acquiring anything of value for Garrison while relieving themselves of the entire contract tells you a lot about the trade market for defensemen. Prices are really high. Garrison wasn't even as good as Boychuk at his peak when he signed the deal.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

guessing if 29 GM`s are asked which of the two they would sign first, 30 of them would say Boychuk

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
We are bringing everyone back this year. Few changes. Look for us to just add a forward at the deadline.

We don't need a 2nd rounder and to help another contender out to lose Boychuk for the playoffs. If he walks he walks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad