Pre-Game Talk: Does the Coors Light train stop this far north?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Team is in need of (another) major reset. They’ve shown they can’t handle the top teams out West with embarrassing losses to Vegas Colorado and Dallas. Team vaccilates between mature games and immature games and getting goalied way too often at key moments. Road PP I believe is average ranking. PK has been wobbly. When we lose we look slow and play slow.

They have 8 games to straighten this out and find their game against the best in the west. Friday I’ll be playing D&D so will see what the final score is at 11 pm. Not holding my breath for a win as The Colorado Coors Train has our number.

Hope for a solid effort from all 20 tomorrow!

Reactions: brentashton

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Team is in need of (another) major reset. They’ve shown they can’t handle the top teams out West with embarrassing losses to Vegas Colorado and Dallas. Team vaccilates between mature games and immature games and getting goalied way too often at key moments. Road PP I believe is average ranking. PK has been wobbly. When we lose we look slow and play slow.

They have 8 games to straighten this out and find their game against the best in the west. Friday I’ll be playing D&D so will see what the final score is at 11 pm. Not holding my breath for a win as The Colorado Coors Train has our number.

Hope for a solid effort from all 20 tomorrow!
Team should hire a new coach!

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
And a consistent effort / heart

Difficult to qualify that

Oilers have had a strange tendency to beat themselves. Perhaps believing some of the otherworldly talent they have will overcome flaws in their game overrides the need to play a conservative defence first game that values possession and management over high risk high reward plays.

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
Colorado is faster, stronger, smarter with a deeper, better constructed offense and defense as well as players who are both willing to and know how to win.

Not a fair fight. The Avs should be forced to play without a goalie for half the game to even things up.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Coors. Of all beers available to drink it would be near last on the list.

I hope the Oilers host a big kegger party of their own, tomorrow night.

And not to lose sight of the wrestlemania fans out there,

1712274265623.gif

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Coach is fine! If we can’t beat the top teams we’re just not good enough.
I think you are too quick to dismiss the positive impact a coaching change can have right at the end of the season.

Coach bump to the Stanley Cup!

I think they are still missing a goaltender and a top 4 D.
Maybe the oilers can trade 29 for a goalie and a top 4 D in the offseason!

• Love
Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I think you are too quick to dismiss the positive impact a coaching change can have right at the end of the season.

Coach bump to the Stanley Cup!

Maybe the oilers can trade 29 for a goalie and a top 4 D in the offseason!
Larry Robinson has entered the chat.

Reactions: yukoner88

CROTT

Aug 25, 2007
Edmonton
I'm starting to wonder if teams are starting to take advantage of Coffee's mantra of the D making plays and pinching. If they see a chance for a bad Oilers pinch the better teams seam to have their forwards ready to or already flying their D zone for an odd man rush. It added better zone tiime and puck retrieval at the start but now its a problem as the bad pinches are getting exposed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad