Does the all star weekend need a young guns game

Norcalduckfan

May 2, 2015
In my opinion, team North America has been a breath of fresh air and truly showcases the young talent in the NHL, but as a team hinders the countries they are from.

Instead of using this gimmick team, they should have a young guns tournament to showcase the talent on all star weekend instead.

What do you guys think?

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Yes.

Make the Fantasy draft for the young guns game (rookies + sophomores), and let the regular all-star game be East vs West.

I'd support this. Maybe make it something like players with less than 200 games as of the All Star weekend are eligible. So basically anyone that played two full seasons and in games leading up to the break. Set an age limit too.

NikoPopp

Dec 19, 2013
No. Players don't play to win at the all-star game. It doesn't matter who is in the game.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
No. Players don't play to win at the all-star game. It doesn't matter who is in the game.

This. No one cares at the allstar weekend. Its all for fun, and thats why the games are horrible. The players allow breakaways on purpose, and go for pretty goals over a better chance one.

The reason TNA is so good is beacuse the World Cup of Hockey (like it or hate it) is a tourney which the players play hard and want to win.

Massive difference between Allstar weekend and what we've seen from the WC.

DeltaSwede

Jun 15, 2011
Gbg
Yes.

Make the Fantasy draft for the young guns game (rookies + sophomores), and let the regular all-star game be East vs West.

Stuff like this makes me actually believe some fans would run the league better than it is.

100% agree.

For something that is a very tired concept and viewed by a lot of people as pointless, this would really get me interested in the allstar weekend again.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I thought the 3-on-3 tournament last year was about as good a product as we've had in years. I don't think the time is right for another change. Let's see if the entertainment factor sustains itself with this format.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
You know what's better than 1 meaningless game in the middle of competitive season play? 2 meaningless games.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I wouldn't mind seeing a all star game where it's Vets vs Young guns. I would have a feeling pride would bring some intensity to the game.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
They could, but nobody really cares to play hard on Allstar weekend. There are countless stories of the players going to the games extremely hungover.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Always love seeing young stars playing. This sounds like a good idea to me.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Bring back John Scott for all star weekend.

Just kidding. I'm not. I am. I'm not.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • FC Köln vs Freiburg
    FC Köln vs Freiburg
    Wagers: 3